Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Nigel Farage agrees to EU debate with Nick Clegg

• Thread starter Deleted member 22389
  • Start date

Philzo-93

Jan 17, 2009
North Stand
Crap...another mistake by Clegg to give Farage a platform.

UKIP have the potential to be the 3rd party of our political system if they actually get a good approval rating and make Clegg look a fool.

Clegg is not the nation's favourite at the moment but he is good at a debate, very good but mind you so is Farage

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Its a set up. They will pack the audience to the rafters with pro-European left wing Liberal Labour clapping seals ( like on Question Time). The only way this will be fair, will be to prohibit the audience clapping to answers. I expect a very bias debate. Its always difficult when the commentators for e.g. the BBC or Sky news are all clearly left wing laour/lib. If the audience are putting questions forward, then it will definitely be a fix.

D

Deleted member 22389

Its a set up. They will pack the audience to the rafters with pro-European left wing Liberal Labour clapping seals ( like on Question Time). The only way this will be fair, will be to prohibit the audience clapping to answers. I expect a very bias debate. Its always difficult when the commentators for e.g. the BBC or Sky news are all clearly left wing laour/lib. If the audience are putting questions forward, then it will definitely be a fix.

I agree with you.

We are heading for another Labour government for sure. I wish people would realise that nothing is going to change much. Labour will still have to make cuts like the Tories have been doing. So what are Labours answers, after all they are partly responsible for our debt are they not? Ed Balls has this fantastic master plan, so what is it?

I think it is going to go like this. Labours will get a small but growing economy. The trade off for creating new jobs such as building 200,000 homes a year, will be the space around you getting smaller, your towns becoming more populated and your services getting busier. They will continue being pro European which allows them to let in as many people as possible to help drive our low wage economy. It's good for employers, it raises revenues for the government, it's great for the people who come here because the wages are better, who can blame them, but our own quality of life will suffer for it. We all like space don't we. They will continue doing this until we cannot fit any more people here and Brighton station will resemble something you see in other countries where people are sitting on the roof of the train.

I hear the cries of xenophobic, fruit cake, loonies, but I ask you where is the quality of life at the end of all this?

Last edited by a moderator:

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
'I hear the cries of xenophobic, fruit cake, loonies, but I ask you where is the quality of life at the end of all this?'

When you post theatrical nonsense about people sitting on the roof of trains at Brighton Station, you kind of invite it.

D

Deleted member 22389

'I hear the cries of xenophobic, fruit cake, loonies, but I ask you where is the quality of life at the end of all this?'

When you post theatrical nonsense about people sitting on the roof of trains at Brighton Station, you kind of invite it.

About time we had a proper debate about the EU, the pros and most importantly the cons. Farage is now being a platform to put his point across.

There is nothing wrong with wondering where we are heading in the UK or in fact how this country is going to manage due to increase in population from open borders with the EU and controlled migration from outside the EU. And what about my question, what is quality of life going to be like in future. The difference between us and other countries in the EU is they have more space. Look at the size of Spain, France, Germany compared to the UK.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
About time we had a proper debate about the EU, the pros and most importantly the cons. Farage is now being a platform to put his point across.

There is nothing wrong with wondering where we are heading in the UK or in fact how this country is going to manage due to increase in population from open borders with the EU and controlled migration from outside the EU. And what about my question, what is quality of life going to be like in future. The difference between us and other countries in the EU is they have more space. Look at the size of Spain, France, Germany compared to the UK.

With loads more houses due to be built in Sompting, plus the vast amount due to be built at Angmering and other places, the infrastructure will struggle. Still let's just fill the country up even more shall we.
A debate re the EU is long overdue.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Fill it up?

Would that be with the 'millions' of Romanians, and Bulgarians, that you assured me were on their way in January?

Sorry to hear that Sompting is on the 'frontline' of the building explosion.

So, now you say the debate is long overdue...yet a couple of posts previously, you condemned it as a set up....brilliant.

Last edited:

D

Deleted member 22389

Fill it up?

Would that be with the 'millions' of Romanians, and Bulgarians, that you assured me were on their way in January?

So, now you say the debate is long overdue...yet a couple of posts previously, you condemned it as a set up....brilliant.

January 1st was just to start. Once again the media took Farage's comments completely out of context. He was correct thou, as of 1st January the door is open 29 million people to come and work in the UK unrestricted and the door will be open to many more millions if other countries join like Albania and Turkey. These people are going to head to where they think they can't find work, get the best money.

Why is it also so difficult to understand the connection between the number of people of arriving here VS the numbers of jobs on offer and the extra pressures that could place on our system. This is why we need system in place to only allow people where there is a need. Well the EU are not going to do that, so what is the next option? Get out of the EU.

Secondly what is the point of people coming here if in some cases they end up on the street, with no money and don't want to go home. They become our problem.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Its difficult to take you seriously, when you descrribe a future Brighton Station having people sitting on the train roofs.
How many people had access to the UK work market before the 1st Jan?

Is pay, and working conditions better in the UK than other places in Europe?

D

Deleted member 22389

Its difficult to take you seriously, when you equate Brighton Station having people sitting on the train roofs.
How many people had access to the UK before the 1st Jan?

Millions have had access to the UK before 1st Jan, which is why we now have an extra 5-7 million people living in the UK. This is not just from the EU thou, it also from outside the EU. That's a hell a lot of people when you compare the size of the UK to some other countries in the UK.

Figures suggest that are also over 300,000 people illegally in the UK. I bet it is a lot more too. Add it all together.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
5-7 million, and absolutely no indigenous growth? Thats amazing.

I understand youre fearful, but i equally believe, your fear is really misplaced...

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Fill it up?

Nicely twisted as normal. A debate is long overdue and i think the debate will be a set up, plain enough for you.
Many are worried about the constant influx of people into a country that is already virtually the most densely populated in Europe.
Yes i am worried about an area (Sompting) that i LIVE in, and happen to have to travel around.
Easy to give an opinion when you do not live in an area let alone in the country.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Not twisting anything at all.
You were very forward about the MILLIONS of Romanians, and Bulgarians FLOODING into the country, not a couple of months ago.
You have also shown yourself to blattently lie in these sort of discussions.
Any news of the muslim arrested for the mosque fire you told me about?
You dont of course...it was a response to make you look good in a forum debate on a football forum ffs

Yeah, its plain you want a debate...its plain to see you also consider it a 'set up'..your words..not mine.

And back to the old 'you dont live here' ..despite me telling you i plan to retire in the UK.....many times.

1000 houses in Sompting..AND Lancing over the next 20 years....do you at all take into account indigenous growth?
Or are these houses just being built for the Romanians, and Bulgarians?
Do you plan aborting indigenous children, to keep the population down, in order to keep Sompting 'nice'?

Last edited:

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Not twisting anything at all.
You were very forward about the MILLIONS of Romanians, and Bulgarians FLOODING into the country, not a couple of months ago.
You have also shown yourself to blattently lie in these sort of discussions.
Any news of the muslim arrested for the mosque fire you told me about?
You dont of course...it was a response to make you look good in a forum debate on a football forum ffs

Yeah, its plain you want a debate...its plain to see you also consider it a 'set up'..your words..not mine.

And back to the old 'you dont live here' ..despite me telling you i plan to retire in the UK.....many times.

1000 houses in Sompting..AND Lancing over the next 20 years....do you at all take into account indigenous growth?
Or are these houses just being built for the Romanians, and Bulgarians?
Do you plan aborting indigenous children, to keep the population down, in order to keep Sompting 'nice'?

You plan to retire here eh. Well unlike you I reside here. You can look at the situation when it suits and decide. I am quite happy to have my opinions dissed by people that reside here, but am not keen on those that spout from afar. Let's face it You Don't Live Here. ...do you.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Its difficult to take you seriously, when you descrribe a future Brighton Station having people sitting on the train roofs.
How many people had access to the UK work market before the 1st Jan?

Is pay, and working conditions better in the UK than other places in Europe?
No but benefits are, far more generous and easier to get here due to Labours open door policy. Just watch the interviews with those in France...they say they all want to go to the UK...Why is that?...in international law,if seeking asylum you have to apply for refuge in the FIRST free country you come too,yet many cross three or four countries to get here...have you asked yourself why...?
Clegg was saying that 3 million jobs depended on in being in the EU...At a cost of £55 million a DAY...At that rate, that amount of money could be invested into our infrastructure and help to water down our debts.
You think it's alright to build houses in this country because of the shortage...there is the green belt to consider,there are areas that on flood plains...then you need doctors,hospitals,schools,electrical,gas and sewerage supplies.
Don't get me wrong,I have had foreign students stay at my house and I will help them up to a degree...but mass health and benefit tourism needs to be curbed,we are a small island and can only handled so much.
When I was in hospital...(which I have paid for all my life..) ,there were four of us on the ward...apart from me only one other spoke a smattering of English and to hear his prayers said out aloud at 1 o'clock in the morning was not very theraputic.
Nigel was right...and the answer will be shown during Mays European elections.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here