Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Craig Mackail Smith suffers another injury

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
I am not a big fan of CMS, but this is gutting. I was genuinely looking forward to seeing him playing in a front 3 with Buckley/March/Rodriguez/KLL. :nono:

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I am not a big fan of CMS, but this is gutting. I was genuinely looking forward to seeing him playing in a front 3 with Buckley/March/Rodriguez/KLL. :nono:

I knew you'd see sense! ;-)

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Players returning from long-term injuries always seem to pick up other slight problems along the way. I think it's fairly normal and I can't remember him having any sort of track record of injuries prior to the last year, so there is no reason why it should be looking bad in the long run.

This must be the third or fourth set-back though. I'm sure originally we was supposed to be back in October

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
Getting fed up with Jones being back at the club, nothing frustrates me more than seeing Obika anywhere near the team sheet, I would genuinely rather Bas Savage.

You are aware that Jones doesn't actually sign players or pick the team? I know he's the scapegoat of the moment but I somehow doubt he's secretly the one in charge.

fire&skill

Killer-Diller
Jan 17, 2009
Shoreham-by-Sea
I'm a bit confused as to why everybody's desperate to get him back. Nice fella, fan favourite but clearly out of his depth at this level. A clear difference between his time in League 1 and the Championship [first two columns - games played and goals scored]:

Screen Shot 2014-02-21 at 11.19.33.png

Last edited:

Codner's Wallop

Sep 11, 2013
I'd like to see Rodriguez given a chance up front when Ulloa takes a rest - before we make any loan signings. The guy is a striker and well respected in the Spanish second tier. Same situation to Ulloa - and see what happened to him after a couple of slow starts....

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
I'm a bit confused as to why everybody's desperate to get him back. Nice fella, fan favourite but clearly out of his depth at this level. A clear difference between his time in League 1 and the Championship [first two columns - games played and goals scored]:

View attachment 51451

Take out Ulloa and Crofts whos injured and our top scorer has something like 3 goals. Those 9 and 11 be bloody handy right now

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
Monday now looks a big problem for attacking options.

Buckley and March, both struggling so doubt will play both games, KLL not great from the off, and Ulloa struggling for both as well. You would assume that Sat is more important than Mon. Dread to see that team sheet on Monday with Obika starting as lone striker.

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
Take out Ulloa and Crofts whos injured and our top scorer has something like 3 goals. Those 9 and 11 be bloody handy right now

Currently Inigo, Spanish Dave, JFC and Upson all tied on two goals.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
CMS is a concern but with no Buckley, potentially no March, and Ulloa restricted,we might struggle to extend our oromotion hopes beyond the next couple of weeks. I think I have already given up on the cup.
Really cannot recall a worse run of serious injuries.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
That £750k for Barnes still sounds like great deal

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
With Hoskins not available until at least mid April, and Obika proving that he is nothing better than an average League One striker and precautions for Ulloa, we must get someone in.

Thats harsh on Barnes who was a league one striker.....Obika is League two at best.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here