NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I am not one of the managers. I also am not responsible for PR.

You and I had a really good chat about this year's REMF fixture on New Years Day in various Brighton hostelries after the Bournemouth game. I was genuinely enthused that this year there was going to be transparency a-plenty that would leave me feeling I wanted to be supportive of the event, as opposed to the usual feeling that I should be.

Once again though, it feels like some sort of secret society that only the blessed few (and their mates) know the magic password to and everyone else is excluded.

I don't know why this happens year after chuffing year.

(Ali - I'm not blaming you. As above - we had a really constructive discussion and man-hug about all of this.)

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
(Ali - I'm not blaming you. As above - we had a really constructive discussion and man-hug about all of this.)

You want to be careful with a manhug from Ali. He gets a bit handsy

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Just a suggestion but do you think it might be better to advertise this link somewhere and sometime soon-ish?

I have now added it Buzzer.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Just a suggestion but do you think it might be better to advertise this link somewhere and sometime soon-ish?

Pitiful isn't it. Took multiple people on this thread to draw their attention to it today for a link to appear. It's a bit like like saying to the Albion 'Why don't you attack a bit more?'. You'd like to think they'd think these things through for themselves without pressure having to be applied. Obviously not :shrug:

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Pitiful isn't it. Took multiple people on this thread to draw their attention to it today for a link to appear. It's a bit like like saying to the Albion 'Why don't you attack a bit more?'. You'd like to think they'd think these things through for themselves without pressure having to be applied. Obviously not :shrug:

I added it as I agree it should be. I am not part of the team or their fundraising. I urge all the team to raise as much as they can in the next 2 weeks. I am sure Brett has some Rabbits up his sleeve to raise funds but it needs a collective effort.

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
You and I had a really good chat about this year's REMF fixture on New Years Day in various Brighton hostelries after the Bournemouth game. I was genuinely enthused that this year there was going to be transparency a-plenty that would leave me being feeling I wanted to be supportive of the event, as opposed to the usual feeling that I should be.

Once again though, it feels like some sort of secret society that only the blessed few (and their mates) know the magic password and everyone else is excluded.

I don't know why this happens year after chuffing year.

I know your not blaming me and this isn't in direct reply to you (more just putting facts out there).

This year there have been changes to the team and the way it has been picked.

It was advertised on here that there are spaces available and there were just shy of 30 people that got in contact.

Rather than just randomly picking people to be in the squad, it was decided that we would play 2 warm up games to give everyone a chance of staking a claim. (The last of which being last Wednesday).

This has obviously held things up in regards to selecting the squad but everyone has been given a minimum total to raise if the want to play and the team target is more on top of that. Everyone who has been named in the squad has said they will have no trouble in achieving this.

There is certainly no 'secret passwords' or anything of that ilk involved, it has just taken longer than usual to get things organised due to various reasons.

The squad has now been named and there will soon be links all over the place for just giving pages etc. (If people are really desperate to make a donation they can do so without waiting for the team link!)

Anyhow, rest assured, things are in full flight now and everyone should be looking forward to what will be a great night, as it always is.

(Once I've copied and pasted the link I will put it on here)

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I added it as I agree it should be. I am not part of the team or their fundraising. I urge all the team to raise as much as they can in the next 2 weeks. I am sure Brett has some Rabbits up his sleeve to raise funds but it needs a collective effort.

I'm sure he has Uncle, and well played for adding the link. But with two weeks to go its a sad state of a affairs when even NSC village idiot Timmy seems to be more media-savvy than the REMF.

COYP

Oct 1, 2012
Wish I could make it this year but have stuff going on unfortunately. Well done for giving the link Uncle Spielsberg, you giving the link has just elicited £50 from me as usual. Good luck to both sides and hope Palace win.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Wish I could make it this year but have stuff going on unfortunately. Well done for giving the link Uncle Spielsberg, you giving the link has just elicited £50 from me as usual. Good luck to both sides and hope Palace win.

Very generous and well done for a fabulous season.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
Perhaps take advantage of various Twitter accounts (NSC/Albion/Palace/Lewes FC/various celebrities and or footballers) to re-tweet the link.

I'm on the case with regards to Twitter - was waiting for everything to be confirmed first

COYP

Oct 1, 2012
Very generous and well done for a fabulous season.

It's a damn good cause. Hopefully your boys manage to sneak into the playoffs and win it so we can show the armchair premier fans a real rivalry next year.
I've posted the link up on the Holmesdale Online as well so hopefully should see some more Palace donators from there as well.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I'm on the case with regards to Twitter - was waiting for everything to be confirmed first

Good man. Can you please enter someone else's email address other than mine for the Twitter account please. I set up the account (as no-one else could be bothered) and I still get all the notification emails.

Screen Shot 2014-04-18 at 18.32.02.png

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here