Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I wish we'd lost the game last night

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
I've embraced the series record, seen every episode this year (last night will be watched tonight). They've all got their own alternative characters off screen (in my head).

I watched all the Christmas specials- may have to check out this Manchester captain. Nothing more attractive than an intelligent looker.

Nigella's Cream Pie

Fingerlickin good
Apr 2, 2009
Up your alley
Trinity Cambridge will win, that Zorko/ Morely partnership is frightening. That said, the midget aguero-boy Davies of Somerville knows his stuff. Oxford v Cambridge final I think.

I fell in love with Manchester's captain Mitchell for a couple of episodes too.

A great series this year.

Up Scumbag!

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
I watched all the Christmas specials- may have to check out this Manchester captain. Nothing more attractive than an intelligent looker.

Oh the Christmas specials annoyed me. All Christmas based themes with teams that kept breaking the rules. And it was right in the middle of a normal series! (yes, i'm taking it far too seriously this year).

Meet the teams . . she looks like my ex, and probably just as mental.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/galleries/p01d0kh0

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Oh the Christmas specials annoyed me. All Christmas based themes with teams that kept breaking the rules. And it was right in the middle of a normal series! (yes, i'm taking it far too seriously this year).

Meet the teams . . she looks like my ex, and probably just as mental.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/galleries/p01d0kh0

Yep! She looks as if she has a good bit of knowledge up top! Some absolute horrors in some of the other teams.
I did expect the Christams specials to be dumbed down like Mastermind but thankfully they were not. As you say they did interrupt normal play though

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
We have a good away record, Hull have their strikers cup-tied. The chances of us winning up there are less than 50% but we do have a chance and this IS the FA Cup, that Wembley Final in '83 is still my best football moment and I want to go back.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
We may as well give up as a club if we don't want to win. Silly comment. We have a SQUAD.

Not at all. We have a squad, yes. And if you want to win you pick the best players from that squad. I understand resting key players, but not in a very winnable FA Cup 5th rounder.. Don't get me wrong, I understand what you're saying, but I just don't agree with it.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
I know what you mean although I'd be happy enough if he just puts out an entirely second string side for the replay, hopes that Hull do the same, and that our second string is better than theirs. :shrug:

I hope we put out our strongest side because Hull will definitely play their reserves.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
We have a good away record, Hull have their strikers cup-tied. The chances of us winning up there are less than 50% but we do have a chance and this IS the FA Cup, that Wembley Final in '83 is still my best football moment and I want to go back.

I can't share your thoughts but admire your optimism. Hull will to make sure they will this one. Just like we'd love to get one over Gus, Steve Bruce will want to get one over Sunderland and go onto Wembley. Our best hope is complacency from Hull..

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
I know it's counter-intuitive but as soon as Hull scored I knew we weren't going to win - especially with the utterly useless Tracey O'Bika leading the line - and I turned to Mrs. H and said I hope they get another and finish us off. I don't think we stand a cat in hells chance of getting a win up at their ground and we could do without the additional long travel and 90 minutes on the park. We need to concentrate on the play-offs now.

It's also counter supportive. Why don't we just send Hull a declaration of peace and tell them "we give up, we weren't good enough to beat you at the Amex it all yours". Do we honestly feel sorry for these footy players having to go all that way whilst barely being paid enough to survive on.
Besides I bet a number of players are pleased to get the opportunity to get some first team games under their belt. We have something of a decent squad strength now. I see it as another great way to advance some of the immense young talent we seem to be producing at the club. Most of us surely used to play at one standard or another in the past, didn't we just hate it when there wasn't a game at hand. Bring it on....and I still think we can win this game.

Enough of the defeatist talk already.

One wonders if Sheffield United fans felt the same way when they drew 1-1 at home to Fulham in Round 4. An unwelcome distraction for them away from a relegation battle? Or an opportunity for glory? Certainly the pitch invasion after the 5th Round victory against Forest spoke volumes about how much it meant to their fans.

There's at least as much chance of us progressing as they had. And there's another home tie afterwards. And then Wembley!

This is what football is all about. The glory.

Let's not relegate our participation in the latter stages of the greatest domestic cup competition in the world to being little more than an inconvenience.

That is up there with the speech in Henry V or whatever number it was - sort of. Try reading it aloud in a Winston Churchill voice, best if there is no one around listening though.

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
We'll win at Hull, and beat Sunderland.

Black Cats after Tigers ?

Easyish peasyish.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Enough of the defeatist talk already.

One wonders if Sheffield United fans felt the same way when they drew 1-1 at home to Fulham in Round 4. An unwelcome distraction for them away from a relegation battle? Or an opportunity for glory? Certainly the pitch invasion after the 5th Round victory against Forest spoke volumes about how much it meant to their fans.

There's at least as much chance of us progressing as they had. And there's another home tie afterwards. And then Wembley!

This is what football is all about. The glory.

Let's not relegate our participation in the latter stages of the greatest domestic cup competition in the world to being little more than an inconvenience.

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

This.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Hull's home record in the prem PL 13 W 5 D4 L4,,,,,

That's a full strength 1st team home record. The will have both main strikers cup tied, a long game away from home against Cardiff on Saturday and will make changes the same as us. Granted they are now fav's for the tie, as you would expect. But there is plenty of life left in this tie yet. It's by no means a home banker, far from it....Just hope Garcia knows how much the fans really want this, badly!!!!!!

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
A smash and grab at Hull is possible, even if it needs a penalty shoot out.

No white flags raised yet.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
I wouldn't be at all surprised if we go up there & somehow survive a non-stop barrage for 120 minutes; & then win the tie on a monumentally shithouse penalty shoot-out.

Same old Brighton
Taking the piss

:)

And there's a precedent: November 1998, Albion take a 2-0 lead over Hull at Boothferry Park. We then get Ross Johnson and Andy Arnott sent-off in quick succession, and there are 35 minutes left to play. Do we crumble? Do we bollocks. A monumentally brave effort from the lads sees Albion win their 4th consecutive away match (for the first time in 62 years).

Bring it on, Tigers.....

The Tactician

Feb 18, 2013
We can still field a decent side with squad rotation, and it's not impossible that we go through, perhaps after a penalty shoot out.

Playing on Saturday then Monday is not unheard of - in fact it happens a lot on Bank Holiday weekends.

What happens after a penalty shoot out? :smile:

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here