Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Indian takeaways in and around brighton and hove?

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Their food was always good, but their service used to be poor. With so many great alternatives, I don't go back.

I found that. Surprising considering they have a fair amount of competition, including next door! Unless they are owned by the same people.

O/T Hopped along to the cake/coffee morning this morn and missed you :(

Jesus Gul

Feb 23, 2004
Great bounce. I love curry!

Eastern Eye, London Road
Shahi, Beaconsfield
And Agra fiveways are my usual curry houses. Need to try Sri India

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I was going to say Zamdani is now Etch
Indeed. You been there? I can't bring myself to go to a place called etch. by Steven Edwards

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Indeed. You been there? I can't bring myself to go to a place called etch. by Steven Edwards

No not been to Bletch by Steven Edwards. No a couple of people who have and they both said how wonderful it was but I don't think they'll go again.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
No a couple of people who have
:glare:
I like an Indiana.
I heard some recommendations for Indiana, and I didn't like it at all. Is it supposed to be a different style of Indian food than we're used to? It was only one dish I had, but it wasn't good.

What I'd do right now for a UK curry.......only found one place in Adelaide that is authentic UK and the guy who runs it had a restaurant in Luton for 10 years, it's pretty good.
Most Aussie Indian restaurants just don't get it, don't play the music and you might as well cook up some chicken and add a jar of Sharwoods saving yourself $70 in the process.
For the record Bindi's in Lewes Rd gets my vote....Also very good is Tropical Curryland bottom of Ditchling Rd and Curry Inn up near the Dials.The Rajpoot in Ditchling Rd used
to be awesome but sadly renamed and new management changed all that. Previously mentioned Shahi in Beaconsfield also good but became a bit tame for my liking.
I like curry to be pungent, spicy and hot.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
What I'd do right now for a UK curry.......only found one place in Adelaide that is authentic UK and the guy who runs it had a restaurant in Luton for 10 years, it's pretty good.
Most Aussie Indian restaurants just don't get it, don't play the music and you might as well cook up some chicken and add a jar of Sharwoods saving yourself $70 in the process.
For the record Bindi's in Lewes Rd gets my vote....Also very good is Tropical Curryland bottom of Ditchling Rd and Curry Inn up near the Dials.The Rajpoot in Ditchling Rd used
to be awesome but sadly renamed and new management changed all that. Previously mentioned Shahi in Beaconsfield also good but became a bit tame for my liking.
I like curry to be pungent, spicy and hot.

Same problem in NYC - plenty of Indian restaurants but all really bland, they just don't do 'pungent, spicy and hot' . Must have tried about 20 and only found one decent one - Brick Lane Curry House. So the Rajah on Old Shoreham Road in Southwick is always the first port of call when I get back to Blighty, followed by the Chilli Pickle in Jubilee St.

DumLum

Oct 24, 2009
West, West, West Sussex.
:glare:
I heard some recommendations for Indiana, and I didn't like it at all. Is it supposed to be a different style of Indian food than we're used to? It was only one dish I had, but it wasn't good.

The basics taste like they should in my opinion. I never opt for anything too fancy.

Had my first ever Indian buffet the other day in my 40 years of curry eating. The new place in Lindfield. I enjoyed it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here