Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stadium Tour

Hornblower

Jul 7, 2003
Did it this morning with Mrs Hornblower. Bloody brilliant, had my picture taken with Ulloa. It's no surprise that the media voted it the best stadium in the country. I love our club and I can't wait for Monday.

Hornblower

Jul 7, 2003
Did Ulloa look like he wanted to be there?

He seemed very relaxed and contented, he was also very happy to have his picture taken with the fans. Total gent and very handsome according to Mrs H.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Did it this morning with Mrs Hornblower. Bloody brilliant, had my picture taken with Ulloa. It's no surprise that the media voted it the best stadium in the country. I love our club and I can't wait for Monday.
Was it just the West Stand or the whole stadium?

Hornblower

Jul 7, 2003
The tour takes an hour and a half to two hours. It is centred on the West Stand as that's where all the interesting stuff is. I think we were possibly just lucky that the players were in. Apart from Leo, we saw Bucks and 'heard' Macka in one of the baths (hot or ice). It finishes up in the museum which I'd not been to before and that's good too. The glass case holding the last 50 years of Albion merch looks a bit like a cabinet I have in my office.

SuperMario

PLAY IT!
Sep 6, 2006

Me and the family are doing one tomorrow, just out of curiosity are we allowed to take pictures whilst on tour?

A Fab hour and a half

Did the special Good Friday one today with youngest Potting, brilliant and voted by her as "best trip ever". Apparently it was a shorter version of the main tour but I am not sure what else you would see of interest on that - we did some of the lounges, media room and dressing rooms, climbed to the very top of the West Stand and went pitchside. And we got to meet Gully and got a Cadbury Button choccy Easter Egg pressie from him, all for £15. Museum very impressive, would love to go back and browse at leisure. Only minor disappointment was that Dick's Bar wasn't open. Also disturbed Adam Chicksen who was having an ice bath.

Youngest was fascinated by the models of Goldstone and Withdean and daddy's ramblings about them. She was also taken by the brief snatch of the video there which was telling the tales of the "Troubles", particularly the York City game. Anyone "in the know" aware if these may be viewed elsewhere? Had a quick rummage on YouTube but couldn't see them compiled - she is a bit young to digest "Build a Bonfire" and "We Want Falmer" - perhaps there should be a special combined "Dorling Kindersley" style combined version for the younger fans!

gjh1971

May 7, 2007
Did the special Good Friday one today with youngest Potting, brilliant and voted by her as "best trip ever". Apparently it was a shorter version of the main tour but I am not sure what else you would see of interest on that - we did some of the lounges, media room and dressing rooms, climbed to the very top of the West Stand and went pitchside. And we got to meet Gully and got a Cadbury Button choccy Easter Egg pressie from him, all for £15. Museum very impressive, would love to go back and browse at leisure. Only minor disappointment was that Dick's Bar wasn't open. Also disturbed Adam Chicksen who was having an ice bath.

Youngest was fascinated by the models of Goldstone and Withdean and daddy's ramblings about them. She was also taken by the brief snatch of the video there which was telling the tales of the "Troubles", particularly the York City game. Anyone "in the know" aware if these may be viewed elsewhere? Had a quick rummage on YouTube but couldn't see them compiled - she is a bit young to digest "Build a Bonfire" and "We Want Falmer" - perhaps there should be a special combined "Dorling Kindersley" style combined version for the younger fans!

Look up the YouTube channel called Albion Archives, there is complications of the troubles from 95-97 on there

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here