Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Quarter Final FA Cup Draw...

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
The semis should NEVER have been moved to Wembley. NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER!!!
Wait, one game from Wembley?
Beat Hull - Beat ????? and Wembley. Oh YES BRING IT ON.

I disagree, Wembley should be the pinnacle of the competition. The goal is to win the cup, not a day out at wembley. I'm sure those who attended the semi final at Highbury can attest to what great that was. I myself have been to a semi-final defeat at Villa Park in my pre-Albion days and it was superb.

I'm sure I would enjoy a Wembley semi-final should we make it, but no more than one at Villa Park, Old Trafford or the Emirates. I think it is a real shame that the semi-finals are at Wembley.

Dec 16, 2010
Over there
I don't get this argument. Well let's not bother entering it then!

We could quite feasibly have a run like this to the final:

Brighton 1 Hull 0
QF - Brighton 2 Sheff Utd 0
SF - Brighton 5 Sunderland 0

I really don't see why anyone should be writing us off.

I understand your point and that scenario could well happen, but I still stand by my original point. Realistically we 're not going to win the f.a cup. Our priority is the league, Oscar has tinkered with the squad and given some fringe players a run out in previous rounds. And like Millwall in 2004, they had a jammy run to the finals beating Walsall,Telford,Burnley,tranmere, & Sunderland but eventually their luck ran out & faced Man U in the final getting stuffed 3-0.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
1 game from Wembley.

I would probably hold off my angry "the semi's should NOT be played at Wembley" stance just for that one day.
Wait, one game from Wembley?
Beat Hull - Beat ????? and Wembley. Oh YES BRING IT ON.

Can't agree with that. It's not unfeasible that we could have three games at Wembley in the course of a month. At perhaps £80 a ticket per game, the interest would soon wain!

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
I'm sure I would enjoy a Wembley semi-final should we make it, but no more than one at Villa Park, Old Trafford or the Emirates. I think it is a real shame that the semi-finals are at Wembley.
This. Semi-Final at Arsenal or Villa would be superb.

el punal

I agree that having our tie with Hull on Monday evening, after the 6th round draw, is a pain in the arse.

One consolation though is if we have a plum home draw against top opponents it could increase the attendance on the night. It could add a bit more edge to the Hull game.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I think the draw should be made on the 80th minute of our game,if we were winning this would cause a dilemma with the early leavers with the draw ongoing on the big screen,might catch a few jcl's out unaware its a cup game!:moo:

Totally disagree.

Should be in the 60th minute to allow for panic substitutions! :)

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
Either way, it's great that we will know our possible journey to Wembley 2 games in advance.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here