Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Official Site] Baird Fancies Albion's Play-Off Chances

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
baird-130214-l229-1356667_478x359.jpg

Former Albion striker Ian Baird rates the side's play-off chances.

PUBLISHED
09:00 13th February 2014
by James Hilsum
It’s the first time I’ve been to the stadium and shows just how far the club has come in such a short space of time."
Ian Baird
Former Albion striker Ian Baird believes the Seagulls have a good chance of reaching the play-offs following Tuesday’s night win over Leeds United.The striker spent 17 months with the Seagulls between July 1996 and December 1997, scoring 14 goals in 40 league appearances.
The 49-year-old who also had two spells as a player at Elland Road, was in attendance at the Amex covering the match for BBC Radio Leeds and told seagulls.co.uk “Out of the two clubs, I would say Brighton have got a better chance of reaching the top six because there’s continuity here.
"Leeds have got to sort out a number of well-documented issues off the pitch first.
“Brighton will obviously be the happier side with the three points, even though it wasn’t a fantastic performance by their own high standards.
“It’s a credit to everyone here when you take a look at the stadium; it’s absolutely fantastic.
“It’s the first time I’ve been to the stadium and shows just how far the club has come in such a short space of time.”
UPCOMING HOME FIXTURES

Albion v Hull City (FA Cup):
Monday 17th February, kick-off 7.45pm
Albion v Wigan Athletic:
Saturday 22nd February, kick-off 3pm

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here