Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Daily Express - Weather Armageddon Thread

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
I don't go in for conspiracy theories, but I reckon the release of info about impeding doom and gloom is a joint venture between the papers(to sell more), the supermarkets(to sell more quickly) and travel agents(to fill seats on aircraft going to warmer places).
Of course, this string of weather events might have something to do with the jet stream???

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Papa I'm in a flight out from Gatwick in the morning, any reasons to be concerned re delays due to weather ?

What time are you flying?

Actually, if flights weren't interrupted yesterday I doubt if tomorrow will be a problem. It's fog or snow that really causes problems; unless the roads get screwed up and you can't get there!!

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I don't go in for conspiracy theories, but I reckon the release of info about impeding doom and gloom is a joint venture between the papers(to sell more), the supermarkets(to sell more quickly) and travel agents(to fill seats on aircraft going to warmer places).

It is a good theory. the papers that run these headlines are packed with holiday advertising. The holiday companies must love the headlines and load into the papers at the right time. I can see the advertising sales reps on the phone as soon as the front pages are decided.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
The Times reported this morning that 87,000 homes in Wales were without power.

And a quarter of a million in Southern Ireland.

.......and about 400,000 in the deep south in the USA

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Sky news this morning had a reporter in Ireland and it was snowing there. Imagine if all the rainfall we have had over the last few weeks were snow, the country would be at a standstill.

We'd have just got used to it after a few days - in fact all those that are flooded would have probably rather wished it did snow instead

The US has just been hit by another snowstorm and New York has got over 40" of snow this Winter - i am extremely jealous.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here