Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

"You're s*** aaarghhh !"

Gilliver's Travels

Peripatetic
Jul 5, 2003
Brighton Marina Village
I was astonished, as surely were others attending an Albion Historians' meeting last year, to hear Michel Kuipers, no less, admit to the assembled multitude that this chant really DOES put keepers off. He mentioned the thought running through the opposing custodian's head of the risk of shanking his kick, or possibly even missing it all together.

And if that embarrassingly predictable, hackneyed chant can put the fear of failure up someone as heroically Herculean as the legendary FDM, what must it do to all those lesser keepers?

Carry on, I say.

smeariestbat

May 5, 2012
Very silly and yet still one of my favourite chants (and even more strange, I'm growing to like the near imbecilic "Who?" after the name of an opposition player is announced during a substitution, no matter how obscure or well known they are).

Funniest one i think was when we did it to Walcott when he was subved on in the FA cup game against the Arse last season :lolol:

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
On the subject of the equally beloved "Who??", I can't have been the only one in the ground last night who greeted the Leeds sub Matt Smith's name with "Doctor Who??"

Petunia

Living the dream
NSC Patreon
May 8, 2013
Downunder
On the subject of the equally beloved "Who??", I can't have been the only one in the ground last night who greeted the Leeds sub Matt Smith's name with "Doctor Who??"

No, you weren't:eek:

Acker79

NSC Patreon
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
There seemed to be a period where the Ahhhhhh bit continued only until we won possession back. Now it seems to just continue regardless. I miss it going only until we won possession.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Correct me as I could be well wide if the mark as was only a kid but were we one of the first sets of fans to start doing this regularly (20yrs ago or so at Goldstone I recall)..? Apologies if I'm well wrong etc...

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
The first time i took Mrs Grombleton to a game (home v Coventry in the 2011/12 season) she heard the chant aimed at the opposition goalie and spent the next 10 minutes giggling like a child. She did so each time she heard it in any game she saw after that.

As we don't get to go now (finances, yo) when we catch it on Player/TV she still giggles. It's childish, it's immature, it's puerile...but i love it.

Very silly and yet still one of my favourite chants (and even more strange, I'm growing to like the near imbecilic "Who?" after the name of an opposition player is announced during a substitution, no matter how obscure or well known they are).
We lost an opportunity when Matt Smith came on as substitute on Tuesday.

Doctor Who?

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Funniest one i think was when we did it to Walcott when he was subved on in the FA cup game against the Arse last season :lolol:

Wrong, that would be reserved for the one and only David Beckham when he came on a sub for United against us in a midweek cup game you can here it on the you tube clip (someone pop it up)

Dub-67

Sep 12, 2012
I'm a bit deaf... but I always thought it was "you're sh*t.. ha ha hah ha ha ha ha ha!"

but now I learn its Arrrrrgggghhhhhh I'm probably looking too deep but what is the arrrrrrggggggghhhhhh all about?

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
It may have been my imagination but I'm sure at the game against Brum a few weeks back, their keeper was gesturing behind his back for the North Stand to increase the volume during the "wooooooooaaaaaaahhhhhhh" part of the chant before kicking the ball. Fair play to him if so for joining in.

Tony Roberts, the Dagenham and Redbridge keeper, loved it too. He was virtually conducting us in both games in 2010-2011.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here