Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Which TV detective/ busy body would you least want on you're tail?

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Another vote for Columbo. He is just so persistent. And Peter Falk is easily the best actor of all of those listed in this thread... although the show definitely jumped the shark around season 4 when the writing became self-aware. (I've recently watched the entire DVD boxset). The second pilot, Prescription Murder, is frankly a masterpiece of crime writing and Falk's performance is perfection.

Who would I most want on my trail? Probably Jonathan Creek. I'd shoot someone in the face from point blank range and let him go off on one about how I was framed using mirrors, my long-lost twin brother and a cabbage. And walk away a free man

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
Can't believe that no one has put the current incarnation of Sherlock. Sod that fella getting into my head, I'd dread to think how he'd analyze me into submission!!!

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
If i had commited a caper the last rozzer i would want chasing me around a south london scrap yard would have to be.
We're the Sweeney son and we haven't had our dinner.......Jack Regan.
Doo do do doo do do do do do dah dah do do dah do do do
Take that Brighton supporting slag down the factory George

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
The New Tricks team. You would go for years thinking you'd got away with it, then they'd suddenly find a clue to nail you.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Anyone else remember Softly Softly?

Coach_Carter_92

Apr 25, 2013
Home
Not sure if you would count these but Agent Booth and Doctor Brennan and the team from Bones, they would find the most microscopic bit of evidence to put me away.

HovaGirl

I'll try a breakfast pie
Jul 16, 2009
West Hove
None of them - I don't think I've ever seen a detective programme where they didn't solve the crime, so I'd be 100% certain of being caught. Interesting that you'd lose your rag: I always wonder at those people in such programmes who shut the door in the policeman/woman's face saying "Now, if you don't mind, I've got things to do." If the police knocked on my door investigating a murder, I'd be as helpful as I could about my own movements and certainly wouldn't think that antagonising them would be the best way forward. But does this ever happen in real life?

Yes.

HovaGirl

I'll try a breakfast pie
Jul 16, 2009
West Hove
Can't believe that no one has put the current incarnation of Sherlock. Sod that fella getting into my head, I'd dread to think how he'd analyze me into submission!!!

Hypen in no-one. Full stop after head. And the British spelling is analyse. You watch too much American TV. You live in Worthing yet you support Brighton & Hove Albion. You should be more loyal to your local team of Worthing Association FC which was founded 15 years before The Albion. You like chatting with online forum friends. I need to study the fluff on your clothes to determine what pet you have and that is not possible via the computer.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here