Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Shooooot!

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Surely a footballer knows when the time is right to shoot,

Totally different my man, you shouting that solely is a little different to 1000s of people shouting shoot that leads to a fluffed attempt to get a goal.

So you are suggesting that players do, or don't know when the right time to shoot is?

:goal:

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
Anyone else find it unnecessary to shout shoot? Surely a footballer knows when the time is right to shoot, I don't think I've seen an Albion player score after the crowd demands a shot is made?

I don't think you get my point pal, what I'm saying is it seems to unsettle the player and leads to a fumbled shot.

Ah, so you are confirming that players don't know when the right time is to shoot, so we are in fact helping them out. The fact that they are more likely to Elphick it into orbit is a shame though.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
Hit the bar, hit the bar, hit the bar
Hit the bar, hit the bar, hit the ba-ar
Hit the bar, hit the bar, hit the bar
hit the bar
HIT THE BAR

*one for the more "experienced" supporter maybe.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
The Shoot shout is a little silly as i think sometimes it does affect the player shooting, but you can't help but get involved. My friend quite often states that a pass is ****ing shit if the player could have shot, on at least two occassions this season it has then lead to a goal, excellent stuff. Yes he does then admit he looks a bit of a ****.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Can we not merge this with the 'Whoooo ?' thread and have one almighty whinefest ?

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
I like shouting "Hoooooof" when someone whacks an aimless ball up the pitch, usually with a fair amount of flight. The beauty of this is that it occurs AFTER the player has completed his part in play and cannot therefore have an influence on the next few seconds of action. However, I realise that my isolated cry may make the offender think twice next time, perhaps spurring a sublime threaded pass, creating a skillful and well-worked goal that may have been beyond the bounds of credulity just minutes before. I might do some investigation on the correlation between my shouting of "Hooooooof" and accurate passing levels by relevant players pre and post shouting. If the results are astounding, I will consider turning it into a thesis. Wish me luck.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I like shouting "Hoooooof" when someone whacks an aimless ball up the pitch, usually with a fair amount of flight. The beauty of this is that it occurs AFTER the player has completed his part in play and cannot therefore have an influence on the next few seconds of action. However, I realise that my isolated cry may make the offender think twice next time, perhaps spurring a sublime threaded pass, creating a skillful and well-worked goal that may have been beyond the bounds of credulity just minutes before. I might do some investigation on the correlation between my shouting of "Hooooooof" and accurate passing levels by relevant players pre and post shouting. If the results are astounding, I will consider turning it into a thesis. Wish me luck.

Forgot to put "Hooooof" on my poll :FFSPuncheon

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
The chant I think I most cherish is

"Just because you're losing"
"Just because you're losing"

This normally follows some kind of massive onfield STROP by an opposition player, who's team are indeed losing. The fabulous playground nature of the chant, which beautifully highlights the childish toys-out-of-the-pram behaviour of the stropper, added to the the already giddy euphoria of being in a winning position, all adds up to make this a chant truly to be savoured.

I'm smiling now just thinking of it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here