Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

West Stand Upper - is it just me?

Grassman

Jun 12, 2008
Tun Wells
Is it just me, sat as I am in the middle of WSU, or are the other stands at the Amex always less densely populated than the WSU? Obviously I cannot see the WSL, but looking across to the Lower East, the empty seats are noticeable, the Upper East, looks reasonably full, while the North appears to have(disappointing) many empty seats.
What does this say about the stands? Are we in the WSU (as ex-Withdean/Goldstone North Standers) more loyal?
So, tell me (if you are looking from the East/North), is the WSU as densely occupied as it appears?

is it just me, sat as i am in the middle of wsu, or are the other stands at the amex always less densely populated than the wsu? Obviously i cannot see the wsl, but looking across to the lower east, the empty seats are noticeable, the upper east, looks reasonably full, while the north appears to have(disappointing) many empty seats.
What does this say about the stands? Are we in the wsu (as ex-withdean/goldstone north standers) more loyal?
So, tell me (if you are looking from the east/north), is the wsu as densely occupied as it appears?

WSU is predominately real ale drinking alcoholic bald dwarfs,what else is there for them on a cold Tuesday night in Brighton?:moo:

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Yes they are, and yes there are a higher proportion of Withdean people in the West Upper than anywhere else.

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
Is it just me, sat as I am in the middle of WSU, or are the other stands at the Amex always less densely populated than the WSU? Obviously I cannot see the WSL, but looking across to the Lower East, the empty seats are noticeable, the Upper East, looks reasonably full, while the North appears to have(disappointing) many empty seats.
What does this say about the stands? Are we in the WSU (as ex-Withdean/Goldstone North Standers) more loyal?
So, tell me (if you are looking from the East/North), is the WSU as densely occupied as it appears?

WSU is always packed, such a shame we don't fill out the North every match.

Sussex By The Sea
Jul 21, 2011
Yes they are, and yes there are a higher proportion of Withdean people in the West Upper than anywhere else.

Yep, and more Goldstone in the North.

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
FRom the east stand you could see plenty of blue seat gaps in all stands last night including the WSU. Obviously in the family stand part of the east stand on as school night there is plenty of empty seats but it was noticable that there were a lot of empty seats in all stands last night, seemed to me more than usual actually.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

Whoaaa ... that is SUCH a sweeping statement!, you know that for a fact do you?

I'm underneath you in the West Lower, and l think it's probably fairer to say that the fans who regularly attended games at Withdean, (and the Goldstone) are pretty much fairly distributed across all areas of the Amex. Certainly I see many familiar faces of people l knew from our Withdean days who are seated in G block of the West Lower alone.

Grassman

Jun 12, 2008
Tun Wells
West Stand always looks impressively full, both upstairs and down.

Well, that's great to hear. Maybe they should move the TV gantry to the East then, it'll give a better impression of the stadium. Although, of course there is the rolling advert board now that'll have to move too.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne

How do you define 'Withdean' people? People like myself who for most of those years lived 300 miles away and so consequently visited but a few times a year, people like my brother who had a season ticket each year from the Goldstone and Gillingham on or people who had a season ticket for one year at Withdean? When and how does one qualify as a 'Withdean' person? Incidentally, where my season ticket is in the east, I'm pretty much surrounded by people who frequented Withdean. I think that in the most desirable parts of the ground, that there would naturally be a greater proportion of long term Albion fans as they had first dibs on the best tickets.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Whoaaa ... that is SUCH a sweeping statement!, you know that for a fact do you?

I'm underneath you in the West Lower, and l think it's probably fairer to say that the fans who regularly attended games at Withdean, (and the Goldstone) are pretty much fairly distributed across all areas of the Amex. Certainly I see many familiar faces of people l knew from our Withdean days who are seated in G block of the West Lower alone.

How do you define 'Withdean' people? People like myself who for most of those years lived 300 miles away and so consequently visited but a few times a year, people like my brother who had a season ticket each year from the Goldstone and Gillingham on or people who had a season ticket for one year at Withdean? When and how does one qualify as a 'Withdean' person? Incidentally, where my season ticket is in the east, I'm pretty much surrounded by people who frequented Withdean. I think that in the most desirable parts of the ground, that there would naturally be a greater proportion of long term Albion fans as they had first dibs on the best tickets.

Yes I do know that for a fact, as the West Upper, and to a slightly lesser extent the north, largely sold out to people who had the first choice in seats. I remember the club remarking on this at the time. I also remember that, despite having one of the first appointments to choose seats, the first 7 rows of the West Upper had already been sold and people we sat next to at Withdean ended up two blocks further away from the halfway line than us because they choose theirs a day later. Now obviously people were allowed to add extra seats for friends, etc. But the West Upper and North have more former Withdean season ticket holders than other areas of the ground. I'm not saying whether this is a good thing or not, but it is a fact.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex

Its a bollocks post.

Basically Withdean fans may of got first dibs but I seem to remember most people using up their +3's of which will be made up of Goldstone / Newbies

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here