Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Rohan Yaya Ince

The Upper Library

May 23, 2013
Favourite moment tonight was when he got flattened in front of the north west touchline, but the ref waved play on. Rather than roll around and complain he just nonchalantly stuck out his long legs and won the ball back whilst getting back on to his feet before turning and passing.
Absolutely this!!

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Love him. He has the potential to become an out and out Brighton LEGEND.

One of the few times in recent weeks where the sponsors have actually got the MOM 100% right.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Yaya Toure gets forward and scores goals. If Ince could add that to his locker we'd have an £8million player on our hands.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
He just seems to have the magic touch at the moment- even those times where he's lost the ball, he's back up and on it immediately, stretching out those giant legs of his and clawing the ball back into his grasp. Everything seems to be bouncing for him. He also won a few headers tonight, which people have suggested is his weak area in the past.

Maybe he's just on a hot streak, or maybe he makes that luck for himself. Hope it's the latter. I just love watching him. He excites spectators in a way that perhaps Bridcutt didn't, good as he undoubtedly was.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Yaya Toure gets forward and scores goals. If Ince could add that to his locker we'd have an £8million player on our hands.

Think he might be an £8m player without the goals. If he starts scoring lots of goals, then he will be worth more. Still think he's a lot more like P Viera than Yaya T.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
He also won a few headers tonight, which people have suggested is his weak area in the past.

He should be good in the air for a big lad but I noticed last night he seems to be timing his jumps a lot better now, The only thing I still don't understand is why we never seem to get him forward for corners?

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
He should be good in the air for a big lad but I noticed last night he seems to be timing his jumps a lot better now, The only thing I still don't understand is why we never seem to get him forward for corners?

I'd rather him be at the back for corners. Whilst his size would be a plus in a corner situation his pace and defensive ability is better served at the back.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
He's not great in the air, has a triangle head....

I think he gets in the way of Upson and Greer at times.

Daffy Duck

Stop bloody moaning!
Nov 7, 2009
GOSBTS
He's awesome.
As many have said on here, I don't think we'd have seen much of him if our former manager was still in charge. He would probably have been sent out on loan to a League 2 club.
Oscar has seen that special something in him so a lot of credit must go to him. And boy, how well Ince has flourished under his guidance.

But he's not Ya Ya Toure, he's Patrick Viera all over again.

The amazing thing is that he's just getting better all the time but I do worry that big clubs will come a'sniffing soon.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
I'd rather him be at the back for corners. Whilst his size would be a plus in a corner situation his pace and defensive ability is better served at the back.

I appreciate he's fast and can tackle but there are times when I'd like to see him charging into the area when the corner comes in just to give the opposition something more to think about.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
He's not great in the air, has a triangle head....

I think he gets in the way of Upson and Greer at times.

Well, perhaps he doesn't get it to his intended target every time but he won most of what he went for in the air last night, and it often did go to a team mate. Far from getting in the way of Upson and Greer, I think his heading is a god send to them as it makes their defending so much easier as they can confidently take up positions knowing Ince is most likely to win it if it's near him. Someone like McCormack feeds off flicks and knock downs, but nothing got through last night. I can't think of any other central midfielders in the Championship that head it better than him at the moment...

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Well, perhaps he doesn't get it to his intended target every time but he won most of what he went for in the air last night, and it often did go to a team mate. Far from getting in the way of Upson and Greer, I think his heading is a god send to them as it makes their defending so much easier as they can confidently take up positions knowing Ince is most likely to win it if it's near him. Someone like McCormack feeds off flicks and knock downs, but nothing got through last night. I can't think of any other central midfielders in the Championship that head it better than him at the moment...

Ince must already be one of the best central defenders in the Championship. A friend of mine who is a die-hard Leeds fan was absolutely raving about him last night and couldn't believe he had only joined the first team this season.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Player of the season looks like a toss up between him and Matty Upson. The good news with Ince is he is getting better and better with experience. I thought he was absolutely fantastic last night. He has that Bridcutt like consistency, he doesn't really appear to have bad games, just less good ones!

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Player of the season looks like a toss up between him and Matty Upson. The good news with Ince is he is getting better and better with experience. I thought he was absolutely fantastic last night. He has that Bridcutt like consistency, he doesn't really appear to have bad games, just less good ones!

Not so sure he even has less good games, he just seems to have better games, and then a better one, ...
... I've been critical of his heading before, but that was much, much better last night.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Not so sure he even has less good games, he just seems to have better games, and then a better one, ...
... I've been critical of his heading before, but that was much, much better last night.

His improvement over the course of this season has been frightening. He looked very raw in those first few games and I remember commenting that even with a 6 or 7 inch disadvantage Bridcutt was a better header of the ball, no worries on that front now.

Have Chelsea got any more kids they don't want?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here