Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dirty Leeds fans

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
Sitting on the half way line in WSU I would definitely have said that when they got going they were louder than the north.

They didn't get going very often though, did they? Compared to their last two visits it was a very poor effort tonight.

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
I sit in the WSU and there were a lot of empty seats in the North, far more than usual. I assume it was the same in our stand but it's difficult to see your own stand.

We may have had less but the atmosphere was certainly better! WSU was packed, couldn't see an empty seat.

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
Most away sides, especially the likes of Leeds come to grounds and ousting the home fans all the time. Most homers are quiet vs away support. Yet that can't be said of us here at the Amex. Drowned them out many times with all 3 sides singing and I honestly think that fact, and that they were shit, shut then up.

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade
I sit in the WSU and there were a lot of empty seats in the North, far more than usual. I assume it was the same in our stand but it's difficult to see your own stand.

As for Leeds fans. From where I was sitting (G Block, nearer the North) they have easily been the loudest away fans this season.

Not hard when you think how terrible most teams away support has been at the Amex this season. Thought they were very poor compared to previous seasons but I guess that's what happens when half of them have come down from London..

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Agree with Mr Q. However that "champions of Europe " chant makes little sense. To their credit they did try to start my favourite clapping "chant". If that makes sense.

They reckon the Ref was bribed when they lost the 1975 European Cup Winners Cup Final, and they have a strong argument, so they sing to claim the prize that should be theirs and the history books deny them.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
They reckon the Ref was bribed when they lost the 1975 European Cup Winners Cup Final, and they have a strong argument, so they sing to claim the prize that should be theirs and the history books deny them.

I know all that. And I can even have a smidgen of admiration for keeping the grudge going. But it was a long time ago and a lot of their support will be too young to have been there.

I still bear a grudge against the cheats Saints and Spurs but I would not sing about it every game 36 years on.

poidy

Aug 3, 2009
I know all that. And I can even have a smidgen of admiration for keeping the grudge going. But it was a long time ago and a lot of their support will be too young to have been there.

I still bear a grudge against the cheats Saints and Spurs but I would not sing about it every game 36 years on.

Doesn't stop our lot making reference to Boxing Day every game

Eggmundo

U & I R listening to KAOS
Jul 8, 2003
Reading WACCOE, one Leeds fan stated we were so quiet, he hardly heard us when we scored.

Wow, the acoustics must be really bad in the south.

Black Rod

Jan 19, 2013
Sitting on the half way line in WSU I would definitely have said that when they got going they were louder than the north.

North Stand was drowned out by them on a couple of occasions. Although that isn't exactly hard

mccraque

Feb 24, 2009
There was a bit of needle in the queue to get on the train after the game and could sense something was on the cards. Seemed to become a little less tense on the train with an exchange of songs - but then the doors open and a fairly decent fist fight ensued.

Anyone else see this? 22.16 back to Brighton.

TheDuke

Oct 28, 2011
Arundel
There was a bit of needle in the queue to get on the train after the game and could sense something was on the cards. Seemed to become a little less tense on the train with an exchange of songs - but then the doors open and a fairly decent fist fight ensued.

Anyone else see this? 22.16 back to Brighton.

I was on that train (front carriage) and it all seemed really jolly and friendly. There were 3 Leeds fans dressed up like Brian McDermott... baldy heads, black rimmed glasses and black suits. They were really fun and self-mocking.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
I'll give them one thing - I think it must be the first ever time Leeds have visited and I haven't heard any "does your boyfriend..." etc songs from them.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here