Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who are the current 10 best players in the world?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I hate the bloke but on current form he is up there.

He's playing well, for sure. But of the notable performances, that clean sheet at Man City was as much more to do with Mourinho's tactical nous and the absence of Aguero. I'm fairly sure there are 5 or 6 centre halves world wide who are better than him.

I will say, though, that Terry should absolutely walk into the England starting XI in Brazil. None of our other centre halves are anything like good enough for the level we should expect.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham

I have to say I can't stand the bloke, but watching Sunday Supplement last weekend, they all said that he had undoubtedly been the most outstanding Prem defender this season. I've not seen enough of Chelsea to really comment, but if he's played most games, he can't be doing too badly judging by their league position.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
c0dcfefef774ff6485355134b7548036265561d427c515e6da5310119ae8c845.jpg

SB005

WSU is my home
Jan 12, 2008
Angmering
Ronaldo
Messi
Ibrahmiovic
Iniesta
Xavi
Ribera
Neuer
Suarez
Aguero
Yaya toure

Hard to fit in Diego Costa, kompany, xabi Alonso......very hard to think of an Englishman to get near it!

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Difficult to judge without watching Serie A, La Liga and Bundesliga every week. Not to mention South American football.

Would imagine Ronaldo, Bale, Messi, Suarez and Ibrahimovich would be in most top tens though.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
He's playing well, for sure. But of the notable performances, that clean sheet at Man City was as much more to do with Mourinho's tactical nous and the absence of Aguero. I'm fairly sure there are 5 or 6 centre halves world wide who are better than him.

I will say, though, that Terry should absolutely walk into the England starting XI in Brazil. None of our other centre halves are anything like good enough for the level we should expect.
As good as Jagielka has been, it makes sense to me that Terry is recalled (it pains me to say it) and play him alongside Cahill.

The Tactician

Feb 18, 2013
Ulloa
Orlandi
LuaLua
Upson
Koosh
Ince
Messi
Rinaldo
Suarez
IBRA

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
To be fair, he hasn't come across anything as like as much of a dickhead as you did when you insisted anyone who thought Wales was a country was an idiot.
I'd forgotten what an absolute cock you were on that thread, and how ironic it was to call me 'wrong AND smug'. I didn't accuse people of being idiots, I said most people didn't realise, and that was a fair statement. You tried to prove otherwise using that ironclad source Wikipedia.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I'd forgotten what an absolute cock you were on that thread, and how ironic it was to call me 'wrong AND smug'. I didn't accuse people of being idiots, I said most people didn't realise, and that was a fair statement. You tried to prove otherwise using that ironclad source Wikipedia.
You were wrong AND smug, you complete dick. I'll let people make their own minds up by posting the thread:

http://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?294348-Cardiff-fans-are-going-to-love-Zaha

You said:
Nice find.

Incidentally, they're not in another country, but I don't expect half of NSC to realise that, let alone Zaha.

Except Wales IS a country, and has been defined as such by ISO since 2011 meaning it's beyond dispute.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Except Wales IS a country, and has been defined as such by ISO since 2011 meaning it's beyond dispute.
Have you got some evidence to show that the ISO are the organisation responsible for determining what is and isn't a country?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here