Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton v Leeds guess the attendance Win

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Makes us look a bit tinpot.
That is actually one thing it does not do...

Declaring the "gate" as tickets sold (i.e. income generated / number of supporters who bought tickets) is precisely what all the best run and most successful clubs choose to do.

It is obviously preferable to publish this more positive spin on the level of support the club enjoys than to pointlessly undermine yourself by knocking off the number of people who don't use their ticket for one reason or another (e.g. illness, work, holiday, family event, etc...).

If next season our level of support dwindles and we sell fewer season tickets then our published "attendances"/"gates"/"crowds"/"number of tickets sold" will be reduced.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Help!!!

Not sure whether this competition is to guess those attending tonight's game ie those that are physically present in the ground. Or whether we are guessing the totally fictitious number that the club have plucked out of thin air to make it look like we have more fans physically present at matches than we actually do.

I don't mind that nice Mr Barber fiddling the numbers if it means we can charge sponsors / advertisers more. It's the lack of understanding of the English language, and the club's inability to use the language properly, that frustrates me.

Either announce the number as "tickets sold" or announce the true number of those in attendance. What is so difficult for the club to understand? Makes us look a bit tinpot.

Ile put you down as a not sure

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Leeds' biggest attendance by miles this season was against us for the opener, so I can only conclude that they will be equally as excited to be coming up against such luminaries of the game again. I therefore predict that the 6,000 extra that turned up at Elland Road and haven't subsequently bothered with any other Leeds games this season will all be at the Amex, resulting in the gates being locked and people being turned away.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here