Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

lualua v watford

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Watford had a perfectly good goal disallowed on the reverse fixture.

No, they didn't, the whole ball did not cross the whole of the line. Quite possibly the same with Lua Lua's effort here, you can't tell from the angle shown.

Dec 29, 2011
No, they didn't, the whole ball did not cross the whole of the line. Quite possibly the same with Lua Lua's effort here, you can't tell from the angle shown.

We've had a huge thread on this, it's impossible to say either way. Anyone nailing their colours to the mast over this is just stubborn and arguing for the sake of arguing.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Kaz's effort does look well over, but I wouldn't be 100% sure without freezing the action at another frame.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
We've had a huge thread on this, it's impossible to say either way. Anyone nailing their colours to the mast over this is just stubborn and arguing for the sake of arguing.

Or confident in their opinion. I know its all been done and it has split opinion, but if someone states it was a goal I will bite as I am certain it wasn't.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
So, the general consensus is it more likely that the ball crossed the line by several feet and none of the 22 players on the pitch react to it going in, none of the thousands of people at the match notice it going in, and all the people involved in the production and publication of the highlights didn't notice it than it's that it's just the angle and low resolution of an Internet video that gives the wrong impression? Ok then.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Check it again.

Thank you for posting this. I wasn't convinced that the entire ball had crossed the line -- as is required in order for it to be a goal -- and this confirms that I was right to be suspicious. Single shot images such as the OP provided for what too many on here are claiming as KLL's 'goal' are simply not conclusive. This sequence is far more persuasive.
Still think Forestieri shouldn't have been on the pitch to have the effort, though.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Watford at home this season, the ball clearly crossed the line for them just before Greer cleared it out, football is a funny game aye?

Although I'm not entirely sure from that photo the ball isn't just infront of the post...

Oh please don't start that again, it wasn't a goal.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

Therefore if in doubt (as clearly people are here) it's NO goal. Those photos look fairly convincing that it didn't go in.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here