Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Catering ..... Running out of tea!

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patreon
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
So I nip for a pee mid second half (a crime I know) and I tried to grab a cuppa on the way back and the kiosk, with around 12 staff stood in it doing nothing, has run out of TEA, yes TEA. Apparently the next kiosk has some. Why on earth wouldn't one of the stand arounds just nip to the next kiosk and grab a box of tea? I don't normally knock the catering as I feel it's reasonable but this is just stupidity in the extreme.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Are we really going to have one of these threads every time someone can't buy a kitkat or they notice their pint was held at the wrong angle while it was being poured :shrug:

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Are we really going to have one of these threads every time someone can't buy a kitkat or they notice their pint was held at the wrong angle while it was being poured :shrug:

Yes, yes I think we are.

No, they're not perfect & sometimes the service does seem painfully slow. My only real gripe is that they never seem to consider pouring a load of pints ready for the end of the game, seemingly fearing that they'll go to waste, and instead you get six servers all standing around the beer pump, waiting to pour a pint for the dozens of people in the queue. But they're catering for thousands of people, occasionally something is going to run out. Doesn't really warrant a thread every week, no.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Yes, yes I think we are.

No, they're not perfect & sometimes the service does seem painfully slow. My only real gripe is that they never seem to consider pouring a load of pints ready for the end of the game, seemingly fearing that they'll go to waste, and instead you get six servers all standing around the beer pump, waiting to pour a pint for the dozens of people in the queue. But they're catering for thousands of people, occasionally something is going to run out. Doesn't really warrant a thread every week, no.

this is a global problem...!

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patreon
May 8, 2007
Toronto
I tried the tea once, I'd be thankful they'd run out.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patreon
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel

Probably as we all find these issues worthy of discussion in the same way people discuss what way they should wipe their arse, which creature is the hardest and what it was like for us all at Withdean repeatedly. :wink:

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
We had the situation where the staff had prepared around 15 x 1/2 pints of Harveys for the half time rush. Upon ordering 3 pints of ale, we were told 'Sorry the barrel needs changing', to which my mate said 'but there are 15 1/2 pints standing there', to which attendant said 'I know but we can't top them up until we get the new barrel', to which my mate, now looking astounded said 'why don't you just pour the 1/2 pints into each other to make pints!!!?' - 'Oh yeah' said the attendant, and promptly decanted 3 1/2 pints into each other and presented us with our full 3 pints.

True story.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
So I nip for a pee mid second half (a crime I know) and I tried to grab a cuppa on the way back and the kiosk, with around 12 staff stood in it doing nothing, has run out of TEA, yes TEA. Apparently the next kiosk has some. Why on earth wouldn't one of the stand arounds just nip to the next kiosk and grab a box of tea? I don't normally knock the catering as I feel it's reasonable but this is just stupidity in the extreme.

Personally I think hot drink consumers should have a separate catering hatch. It's 90% of the reason why the queues are so slow moving. The fact they have to 'make' each cup of tea or coffee individually really slows the queues down. I often wonder who buys hot drinks at football - surely the sensible choice is a pint or a soft drink (if driving)? Perhaps they should introduce vending machines?

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006

You should worry I couldn't even get my pre match Bovril, Quite how a bloke is supposed to prepare for a match without his Bovril I don't know?

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patreon
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Personally I think hot drink consumers should have a separate catering hatch. It's 90% of the reason why the queues are so slow moving. The fact they have to 'make' each cup of tea or coffee individually really slows the queues down. I often wonder who buys hot drinks at football - surely the sensible choice is a pint or a soft drink (if driving)? Perhaps they should introduce vending machines?

Or run hot water pipes to the seats, you then just take a cup and tea bag to your seat and create a master brew? That way reducing the Health & Safety risk and creating heated seats too? Maybe communal ovens too, collect a cold pie and heat in the East Stand D Block Rows H - K Oven?

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
I tried the tea once, I'd be thankful they'd run out.

This.

I appreciate it's probably not the caterer's fault, more it's the manufacturer's fault, but how is it the tea, coffee and hot chocolate in the concourses can all revoltingly taste the same (i.e. like they've passed through the digestive system of a honey badger first)? The Bovril is acceptable, and the hot chocolate in Dick's Bar is excellent.

First world problems, eh?

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patreon
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
I hate circles of edible paper on my pie. Squares would be OK.

I take safety scissors with me and create my own square label, I'd be happy to lend them to you?

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I always find it strange when people don't like the topic of a thread ( i.e. think it rather insignificant ) yet take the effort to comment punish:

El Sid

May 10, 2012
West Sussex
Yes, yes I think we are.

Will you be watching WPC 56 this afternoon - BBC1 2:15.

Looks a bit like Call The Midwife meets Heartbeat from the trailers.

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Looks a bit like Call The Midwife meets Heartbeat from the trailers.

Enough to put me off even if I had heard of it previously.

drop dead fred

Mar 8, 2011
Apparently the next kiosk has some. Why on earth wouldn't one of the stand arounds just nip to the next kiosk and grab a box of tea? I don't normally knock the catering as I feel it's reasonable but this is just stupidity in the extreme.

could you of gone to the next kiosk ??

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patreon
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
could you of gone to the next kiosk ??

Of course I could, had I not just wanted to grab a quick tea and get back to the game. I just thought it a bit odd that the twelve people with chuff all to do wouldn't have thought of doing that instead of expecting the customer to do the running around?

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Of course I could, had I not just wanted to grab a quick tea and get back to the game. I just thought it a bit odd that the twelve people with chuff all to do wouldn't have thought of doing that instead of expecting the customer to do the running around?

Wait! This was during the game? Like, while the game was actually in progress? You left your seat to go and get a cup of tea?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here