Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

UK Comedy Cup - Group A

Group A

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
strange that you pair the two, as i have often thought mathew holness's brief appearance in the office was far funnier than the entire garth marenghis dark place.

It was very good. One of the best bits of The Office which rarely gets mentioned. I did enjoy Dark Place though. A lot.

I only paired them as I think they were mentioned in the same group on an earlier thread.

Might have to employ some tactical voting.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
strange that you pair the two, as i have often thought mathew holness's brief appearance in the office was far funnier than the entire garth marenghis dark place.

There is not a lot that is funnier than that scene though (Keith's appraisal possibly just beats it). He absolutely nails the IT geek part. Dark place is under rated although as you say is not as good as his all too brief appearance in the Office

No Professionals here mate.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Cool. Thought I had missed it.

Is there not scope for a further group of wild cards?

Nah done a lot of fannying around already trying to pander to people. Always next year.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
EDC for me but I accept that Young Ones is great.

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
Let's see. The Young Ones - I think I was slightly too young and priggish to enjoy this. I was more into Victoria Wood at the time. Seemed like a load of swearing and shouting. Rik Mayall was, and perhaps remains, annoying. I quite liked Mike though - a cross between Lou Reed f and The Fonz. Spaced - quite funny, could drag on a bit. The Thick of It - only watched about 4 episodes, but I don't know why I didn't watch more as it was always fairly funny - must have clashed with some other programme - Big Brother 6 or a BBC 4 documentary. Ever Decreasing Circles - I'd stopped being priggish by this point and was sneery about middle-aged cosy sitcoms, which I assumed this to be. Still never seen an episode. Is it good? Thick gets my vote.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
It was very good. One of the best bits of The Office which rarely gets mentioned. I did enjoy Dark Place though. A lot.

I only paired them as I think they were mentioned in the same group on an earlier thread.

Might have to employ some tactical voting.

agreed. its a great group. i am very fond of each show in it. have to fight the urge to vote the young ones just because it was a playground favourite and the associations with that. then spaced i am the same age as them and remember that time well also. the thick of it though genius is dreary in its association with british politics at its most dim and shallow.

now i am turning into martin from ever decreasing circles! might have to go with that.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
:bounce: Any last votes?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here