Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ever Got In For Nothing or Without Ticket?

Mr Putdown

Jan 26, 2004
Christchurch
Went up to cheer on Burnley at Selhurst in 77, a game which could have given us the title. Amazingly the old place was full with a crowd in excess of 50,000. Arrived to be greeted with ground full go home. Eyed up the ground for a while and the police entrance seemed as good as any. Got caught but bunged the copper a few quid and was in. The good old days.

It was 1979. :)

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
The Mansfield Boycott match, when the East Stand gate was opened. That day was complete anarchy at The Goldstone, I seem to remember someone on the pitch at half time walking a dog while hundreds had a kick about.

Norwich for the Quarter Finals at The Goldstone a couple of mates jumped the wall at the East Stand after the police asked them to come down from watching the game up a tree.

Last, Torquay away, I think it was New Years Day, they opened the gate and had cash in a bucket, needless to say many didn't pay.

hoveboyslim

Feb 7, 2004
Hove
In the mid 80's I knew someone who worked on the turnstiles so a few times when it was quiet I used to jump over the turnstile to get in for nothing.

I was below the age of criminal responsibility and I'm sure I've more than covered the money they lost from me doing this half a dozen times or so. So I don't feel guilty!

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
I might be getting my games mixed up I think the cross bar incident might be on a bank holiday I think we had played Millwall away sat and Aldershot on the Monday! The old grey sells are a bit muddled these days.!!!! The penalty miss may be the next time we played at the recreation ground! A Aldershot player piled some mud behind the ball and O,Sullivan missed.
Remember it well. There was a long delay before the kick was taken and we all saw this guy kicking up the mud in front of the penalty spot with the ball already in place. Despite shouts from the fans Sully never rumbled it.

cloud

Jun 12, 2011
Here, there and everywhere
I had tickets to Juventus v Torino, which were in the Juve end but we would have preferred to be in the Torino end.

Anyway, we got tear-gassed on our way round the stadium, couldn't see a thing so went up to ask the guard which entrance we needed and he just waved us in without even checking our tickets. Turned out we were right in the middle of the Torino Ultras. Once they knew we were English we got welcomed into the fold and had quite an exhilarating match.

Apr 12, 2011
Got into the Sunderland league cup game in our first season at the Amex for free.

To cut a long story short my car got towed by the Portsmouth security at Fratton Park and while we were waiting to find out what was going on we got chatting to Peter Godfrey who in turn called over Ken Brown and Tony Bloom and we got talking.

After explaining what had happened, there was nothing they could do on the day but Ken gave us his personal number and email and told us to contact him and he would see if there was anything else he could offer.

Ended up with complimentary 1901 tickets. Top bloke.

Knightsworld

Aug 19, 2003
WSU, just below the seagull.
Got into Cheltenham away a few years ago, all I can remember was it was 0-0 and a pretty dire game.

Was in the pub just up from the ground (ticketless) in the hope of someone being in there with a spare or two. About 2 o'clock ish, someone comes in and announces additional Pay on the Gate tickets available. Made our way to the ground, past the hoards of coppers with their dogs and headed for the turnstiles. Got there to be told, no more admissions. Played the usual FFS we have just been told blah blah blah when the guy behind the counter just handed us two stubs and said in you go. I tried to give him the £ 20 note that I had been waving in his face, but he didn't want it.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
The last one of seven supporters to climb over the club shop at the Goldstone and get into the Doncaster game.

A bit precarious with all those spikes on the wall - the police were more concerned about possible impalement than stopping people climbing over.

seagully

Cock-knobs!
Jun 30, 2006
Battle
I used to sneak into Battle Abbey for free with my mates when I was a young lad. We were so proud of ourselves until we actually got in and realised there really wasn't much fun to be had once inside.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Hippodrome nightclub via the fire exit..

Rogero

Aug 4, 2010
Shoreham
I was sent 4 tickets instead of two to fly to Paris. I gave the other two to a friend and we all flew out for the weekend.
He promised me a meal out but never did take me . Thanks Scott of Lancing.

Footsoldier

Banned
May 26, 2013
97 against Doncaster last game, me and a few jumped the turnstiles in the north stand as we didn't have tickets and Brentford away we also jumped the turnstiles and that must've been 92 season.

Grassman

Jun 12, 2008
Tun Wells
From 76 to 78, I was regularly passed over the turnstiles at The Goldstone and into either the North or East terrace. I think the old man may have paid a little sweetener, but it weren't much.

hybrid_x

Banned
Jun 28, 2011
not sure if it counts but flew from melbourne to sydney on a blag.

missed my flight at melbourne, and they said theyll put me on the flight as long as i paid at the destination....

....arrived at sydney and some dude asks me to pay - i tell him i paid in melbourne and must have been a mix up - he believed me.

i was on a beach in bali b4 they worked it all out :)

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
Got in at Bury and Port Vale said i was up to see Ian Hart from BBC Radio Sussex showed into the press box. Derby County a couple of years ago two of us had gone to the night game and as i walked up to the ticket office a guy came up to us and 'you Albion' ? Sure i replied 'well have these' two seats. Saw the guy at the bar would'nt take a drink or a small wedge,but he was talking to Noonie in the warm-up so maybe he had a few complementries ?

Seaford by the sea

Sep 29, 2008
seaford
Mansfield at home at goldstone let onto east terrace, then over to the west at ht. Great day in the fight to save the club. Sometimes I wonder how much publicity all the varying protests would have got in this digital media age. Probably would have been far more high profile now.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Once got into see the Levellers, by telling the doorman I was a journalist on the face magazine

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Had a friend from Worthing who is a old Trafford season ticket holder, and has been for years, he bunked a whole pre-season tour of Ireland and europe the only ticket he paid was £1.20 on the tube. The tour stretched from Madrid in the south,up to Munich,and over to Dublin

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here