Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ever Got In For Nothing or Without Ticket?

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Sweden away with England. WC qualifier.

The game when butcher got covered in blood.

We travelled to Stockholm without tickets, as did loads,of England fans.

The swedes let us all in, as they took the attitude that they'd rather have the English inside the stadium, where they could be controlled, rather than wandering around Stockholm.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Yes i have

Sneaked into the Golstone a couple of times. Once through that car garage place behind the south stand.

Main road and Selhurst.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Palace Away, League and Play off first leg, my brother does some business with their main sponsor so got in the GAC box, (portacabin).

A season earlier, a few hundred Brighton fans were invited by the Police to enter Selhurst Park, despite not having tickets for the league game.

mune ni kamome

Jun 5, 2011
Worthing
Hundreds of us broke into the Oak Road at Luton back in the 70's. OB rounded us all up and marched us out again.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Chester away crawled under a disused turnstile,right result until we realised we were in some sort of building site/improvement section had to crawl out again covered in dust and crap much to the amusement of a couple of coppers who had just been standing there watching matters.

Italy v England 1997,couldnt find my ticket but didnt matter as the Italian police decided to truncheon every England fan in sight and herd them through an open gate,i suspect 100`s got in without a ticket.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Yup. Cagliari, Sardinia, England V Holland at Italia 90. A load of us without tickets were let in for free at half time, put in our own little pen the other end of the stadium. Probably for the best, as there were loads of Dutch as well as English milling around outside. I think the old bill just wanted us in a controlled environment, at the end of what had been a rather long and lively day!

Vicar!

Jul 22, 2003
Worthing
Went up to cheer on Burnley at Selhurst in 77, a game which could have given us the title. Amazingly the old place was full with a crowd in excess of 50,000. Arrived to be greeted with ground full go home. Eyed up the ground for a while and the police entrance seemed as good as any. Got caught but bunged the copper a few quid and was in. The good old days.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Mansfield for the boycott game. Got in the East when the gate mysteriously opened.

Ditto.

Also went to Swindon for the League Cup debacle last season. Got to the turnstile & someone was handing out players' comps. Good job really, as I can't imagine how bad that shower of shit would have looked if I'd actually had to pay for it.

The Camel

Nov 1, 2010
Darlington, UK
Used to go to Wentworth for the golf as a kid.

A mate knew the area like the back of his hand and we sneaked onto the course at about the 12th hole.

Probably went 6 years straight on the Saturday and Sunday of the PGA Championship in May and the World Matchplay in Oct and never paid.

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon
Doncaster game at the last game at he Goldstone and a whole season at Withdean when they sent me another season ticket by mistake, checked the seat out in the first game of the season and no one was sat in it so no harm done !!

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
How would i know?I'm pissed.
Aldershot away...evening game many years ago....got through the fence only to be confronted by home fans....got a bit lively for a couple of minutes

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
Aldershot away...evening game many years ago....got through the fence only to be confronted by home fans....got a bit lively for a couple of minutes

Was that the one that someone from Littlehampton swung on the crossbar and was a little over weight and broke it :facepalm: also loads went over the fence and the Aldershot fans watched the game from outsider ground! Good little pub called the trafalgar in the town we bought the army boys a drink and had a good 3 hour session. The coach cost a £1 a head! Great times:facepalm: just remembered this game was on a Saturday it might be the one that Peter O'Sullivan missed a penalty.

del strangefish

Nov 1, 2008
Back of North Stand
Yes, Aldershot away. Attendance said 3000 or something but there was at least 4000 in there as ther was a 3ft picket fence each side of the turnstile which everyone just stepped over. They had a giant net to stop the ball going into the street and on the coach on the way back to Brighton one of the lads at the back was wearing a Hampshire Policemans Helmet. Pwoppa naughty days!!!

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
I might be getting my games mixed up I think the cross bar incident might be on a bank holiday I think we had played Millwall away sat and Aldershot on the Monday! The old grey sells are a bit muddled these days.!!!! The penalty miss may be the next time we played at the recreation ground! A Aldershot player piled some mud behind the ball and O,Sullivan missed.

I might be getting my games mixed up I think the cross bar incident might be on a bank holiday I think we had played Millwall away sat and Aldershot on the Monday! The old grey sells are a bit muddled these days.!!!! The penalty miss may be the next time we played at the recreation ground! A Aldershot player piled some mud behind the ball and O,Sullivan missed.

Millwall on the friday??? 23K+ segregation a mare,Aldershot the next day 11,666 SEGREGATION A MARE!

Didn't want to give Archer my money in the last 2 seasons at the Goldstone so printed my own Season Ticket and got in every game for free.

That said years later (when DK was in charge) I felt guilty so I ensured that my donation to the club when they appealed for financial help was appropriately adjusted to include what I'd dodged some years before.

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
I went to Pop Festival at Shepton Mallet in the 60's with two mates. It was with our limited financial resources going to be beyond us to buy 3 Holiday Weekend Tickets. The place looked like a WW2 prison camp with double fencing. But on lingering around the entrance for a while we watched people going in having their tickets torn in half, whilst those leaving being given pass outs by the same people. So at the chosen busy moment we walked through the entrance as if to offer our tickets, then suddenly turned around as if leaving with our hands out for pass outs ..... Worked a treat. But I would imagine security is much tighter now. Those were the days. :rock:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here