Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cricket.ECB release Pietersen statement.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Very bad decision to get rid of perhaps the most talented batsman we have ever had so early.

Still a lucrative last few years playing 20/20 will probably ensure he will earn than he did playing for his country.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
The moment he ratted on Prior probably did for him. After that getting Piers Moron involved was a very bad move. looks like they looked at KP's history of trouble at Nottingham, Hampshire and the business with Moores and Strauss and decided enough was enough. He may be judged one of the best players ever to play for England but his behind the scenes actions have tarnished him once too often.

Paddy B

Jul 5, 2003
Horsham
So KP was critical of Flower and Cook in confidential team meeting in Melbourne.

Firstly why shouldn't he be critical ? We had just gone 4-0 down in a series that we had expected to win and played abysmally. Cook really should just grow a pair and take it on the chin from a more talented and more experienced player.

Secondly how do we know what was said in this meeting? Does anyone see the irony?

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
So KP was critical of Flower and Cook in confidential team meeting in Melbourne.

Firstly why shouldn't he be critical ? We had just gone 4-0 down in a series that we had expected to win and played abysmally. Cook really should just grow a pair and take it on the chin from a more talented and more experienced player.

Secondly how do we know what was said in this meeting? Does anyone see the irony?
Very true. Who scored most runs for England in this series despite giving his wicket away at times chasing quick runs because the tail kept being blown away,you guess right KP. Ridiculous decision

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
By the way, i would rather watch a KP swashbuckling ton, rather than the ploding,takes for ages from Cook. Entertainment is what Cricket needs.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Cook is the captain, Flower was the coach,. Petersen was just another team member who should shut up and do what he was told.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Cook is the captain, Flower was the coach,. Petersen was just another team member who should shut up and do what he was told.

This, besides, if he is so brilliant, how come he couldn't save us from losing The Ashes over 5 Tests ? Not one match winning or match saving innings out of 12 ? maybe he's not as good as people believe ?

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
This, besides, if he is so brilliant, how come he couldn't save us from losing The Ashes over 5 Tests ? Not one match winning or match saving innings out of 12 ? maybe he's not as good as people believe ?

He has been very good but he is 33 now and past his peak. He recent performances have been average and uninspiring.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
I want to see someone's FACE speaking the words

Can't be that difficult these days

I want someone from the ECB to stand in front of a camera and tell me WHY.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
All very odd. The accounts I have read and listened to suggest that KP was behaving himself on this tour and reports of a spat with Cook and Flower are false apparently. I reckon the ECB are giving the job to Giles who has said that he cannot handle KP, so KP must go.

I with Michael Vaughan on this one who suggests that the ECB should be flying to Cape Town to do whatever it takes to get Gary Kirsten to take the job.

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
Very talented batsman but it seems that he thinks he is bigger and better than the team and the maagement and could not be trusted to keep his mouth shut about confidential discussions and even confrontations. ECB has decided that he was undermining Cook and so he had to go. Time to move on.

um bongo molongo

Jul 26, 2004
Battersea
The moment he ratted on Prior probably did for him. After that getting Piers Moron involved was a very bad move. looks like they looked at KP's history of trouble at Nottingham, Hampshire and the business with Moores and Strauss and decided enough was enough. He may be judged one of the best players ever to play for England but his behind the scenes actions have tarnished him once too often.

The issue with this as a reason is that it happened after he was sacked!

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
The issue with this as a reason is that it happened after he was sacked!

Piers Morgan was running stories from the dressing room before the sacking. When the supposed quote from flower of 'its him or me' was when little digs and comments started to be made. That was 2 weeks before he was boned.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here