Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

21.00 Curfew

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
I have a different opinion I cannot see why somebody from Lewes would expect "free" travel between Falmer and Brighton when they live in Lewes. The club are subsiding travel to and from the Amex not to and from your night out down the pub.

I don't expect it, I don't come from Lewes and I don't travel any further than I would otherwise. I cited a POTENTIAL abuse of the system to show that it would not really hurt a company that gets paid per ticket sold at the Amex, when we have so many who do not attend or travel under their own steam. And as I said, I do not believe the club are subsidising travel.

The mistake the Club has made is referring to the transport levy as a "subsidy". It's not. It's a levy on all spectators. The contribution made by ticket holders pays for some of the costs involved in providing extra buses, the park and ride schemes, the car parking near the stadium, and use of the trains and scheduled buses. All supporters benefit from every element in the whole package. When I travel by train, I have a bigger chance of getting a seat, because the Club has laid on car parking for some of the folk who aren't using the train. When someone travels by car, they've got a better chance of getting a parking space, thanks to the incentive that is offered to people who use buses.

It's a package - a travel plan for everyone. All of us benefit. Seeing the issue solely in terms of cheap bus and train tickets for some is missing the point.

knowing this would have saved me a 40 euro fine on the U-Bahn back in august :wozza:

Anyone who thinks that Southern's ticket inspectors are too much in your face has obviously never experienced the Berlin enforcement guys and their friendly rottweilers. The trick of locking everyone inside the train while a ticket check is completed would get British passengers queuing up to take a case to the European Court of Human Rights.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
Anyone who thinks that Southern's ticket inspectors are too much in your face has obviously never experienced the Berlin enforcement guys and their friendly rottweilers. The trick of locking everyone inside the train while a ticket check is completed would get British passengers queuing up to take a case to the European Court of Human Rights.

I thought the GERMAN railways were perfect ?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Feb 9, 2011
Lancing
Most of us have never heard of this rule. I went to get the 9.33 westwards home after the Pubs and was told I couldn't travel without buying a ticket. A very prominent Albion fan then arrived and I asked him if he'd ever heard of it and he hadn't . We were allowed through to get our train home but told it would be the last time. People not happy somewhere.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Is this on the u and s bahns?

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley

Please tell me they say "Your papers are not in order." when they get an expired ticket.

D

Deleted User X18H

Most of us have never heard of this rule. I went to get the 9.33 westwards home after the Pubs and was told I couldn't travel without buying a ticket. A very prominent Albion fan then arrived and I asked him if he'd ever heard of it and he hadn't . We were allowed through to get our train home but told it would be the last time. People not happy somewhere.

A very prominent Albion fan ? Did he say "my pass isn't valid? Well that's not fair. Can't you see I've got no hair. All I want is to get the train and you're just making my life a bain"!!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Proof ? In places they have a worse punctuality record then GB railways, it took months to clear up after last Summers floods, lets see if it takes as long here ?

Trying to convince people that the jobs-worth approach of you and your colleagues is acceptable practice is one thing. But, do you really think you can convince NSC that British public transport is better than the German equivalent? You're out of your league on this one.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
Trying to convince people that the jobs-worth approach of you and your colleagues is acceptable practice is one thing. But, do you really think you can convince NSC that British public transport is better than the German equivalent? You're out of your league on this one.

Put some proof up then, talk is cheap

In the year under review, we significantly improved the punctuality of our trains. For punctuality up to five minutes, the average rate increased from 91.0 % in 2010 to 92.9 % in 2011. Both local and long-distance transport services posted higher annual rates in this category: long-distance transport achieved a rate of 80.0 % (previous year: 72.4 %) and the figure for local transport came in at 93.2 % (previous year: 91.5 %).

Deutsche Bahn annual report

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I was on a U-Bahn train when I saw it.

Okay. not doubting what you saw but the regular practice is for a group of 3 plain-clothes people (2 blokes and a girl normally) standing at opposite ends of the carriage to announce themselves once the train has departed the station and sweep the carriage before the next stop. There has never been any locking of doors.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

In the year under review, we significantly improved the punctuality of our trains. For punctuality up to five minutes, the average rate increased from 91.0 % in 2010 to 92.9 % in 2011. Both local and long-distance transport services posted higher annual rates in this category: long-distance transport achieved a rate of 80.0 % (previous year: 72.4 %) and the figure for local transport came in at 93.2 % (previous year: 91.5 %).

I do not need to put up any proof when the UK rail system is involved. EVERYONE knows it is utter utter shite and vastly vastly over-priced. It could not be more shite and more of a rip-off if it tried.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Care to provide us with the DB definition of a delay? I bet it is a lot tighter than the UK one which seems to be incredibly loose. A train arriving within 30 minutes of it's scheduled time is deemed a success these days.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Please tell me they say "Your papers are not in order." when they get an expired ticket.

I dont know, I always get "Gut Morgan Herr Tubthumper" and a salute when they come across me. They then leave me alone.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
Care to provide us with the DB definition of a delay? I bet it is a lot tighter than the UK one which seems to be incredibly loose. A train arriving within 30 minutes of it's scheduled time is deemed a success these days.

Actually the punctuality figures and targets are the same for both countries, but why let FACTS get in the way of a good old RANT

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I see a Southern conductor ASSAULTED a passanger today at Lancing. Do they do that in Germany?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here