Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Team For Leeeds

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I think a line-up filled with attackers against Donny is not, one automatically assumes, that will be kept again for much tougher opponents. Also, D-Rod has barely played all season, so i wouldn't trust his fittest to go 2 full games in quick succession, so it's him on the bench for Lua Lua. I also think Oscar will trust experience for this fevered event, so it's a possibility of March on the bench and the original much-hated Spanish Dave and Orlandi switching between being the widemen and attacking midfielder role.
The halftime warm-up yesterday seemed fun-filled, with players laughing, especially Spanish Dave, and that for me was a good sign. When he came on he played a couple of good-lengthed floating passes and i hope he feels good about being here and that comes across in his football again.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
No doubt I'm in the minority here but I've been quite disappointed by Andrews recently. Doesn't seem to like heading very often, he tends to turn around and back into the player. I think it's a little early to drop Stephens, especially for someone that hasn't been particularly impressive.

I concur (the heading thing does my head in, always seems to let it bounce), Andrews is a decent enough player but yesterday the midfield was far more fluid without him and I don't think he has done anything to deserve coming straight back in.

For me

Back 5 picks its self.

Ince - Stephens

Rodders - Orlandi - LuaLua

Ulloa​

March did very well, especially when in the centre, but LuaLua has to start and don't think Orlandi can be dropped because he offers a lot going forward.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
We will need more physical presence and know how in midfield against Leeds.

---------------------------------TK----------------------------
Bruno------------Greer-------------------Upson-----------Ward
-----------------------------Andrews--------------------------
----------------Stephens---------------Ince-------------------
Rodney--------------------------------------------------Lualua
--------------------------------Ulloa---------------------------

If Andrews sits, it will allow Ince to get forward more and scare the living shite out of them.

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
----------Kush----------
-----Greer----Upson---
Bruno-------------Ward
-----Ince-----Stephens
March--Rodriguez--KLL
----------Ulloa----------

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
I would personally drop orlandi, put rodriguez just behind Ulloa, and have Lua Lua on the wing

No, no, no!

Rodney has to play on the shoulder of the last defender, once our midfield get in tune with him we'll open up oppostion defences with his pace.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Need to play an attacking set up with two forwards as Leeds will go for it in the belief they can win as opposed to being negative and just playing for a point.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
We will need more physical presence and know how in midfield against Leeds.

---------------------------------TK----------------------------
Bruno------------Greer-------------------Upson-----------Ward
-----------------------------Andrews--------------------------
----------------Stephens---------------Ince-------------------
Rodney--------------------------------------------------Lualua
--------------------------------Ulloa---------------------------

If Andrews sits, it will allow Ince to get forward more and scare the living shite out of them.

Yup, that'll do me, is Andrews injured though?

The Upper Library

May 23, 2013
No, no, no!

Rodney has to play on the shoulder of the last defender, once our midfield get in tune with him we'll open up oppostion defences with his pace.

Totally. He was constantly looking to make a run off the last defender - unlike CMS reckon his first touch will send him on his way onto goal. Love the passing game but we can go long now.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Need to keep McCormack quiet

Kusczak
Salter
Burno
Calderon
Ward
Chicksen
Greer
Dunk
Upson
Ince
Ulloa

Need to play an attacking set up with two forwards as Leeds will go for it in the belief they can win as opposed to being negative and just playing for a point.

make your mind up!

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
If Oscar's shown them a vid of yesterday the midfield will know they don't even need to look up, just hit an early ball between the lines and Rod will be tearing after it.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
GK, back 4 and Ince as defensive midfielder pick themselves at the moment.

I was a bit disappointed by Orlandi in the centre yesterday, I would be tempted to push him wide and bring in Andrews to partner Stephens, who seems a reliable workhorse. LuaLua MUST start, often this season he's been our only consistent attacking threat. Ulloa seems to be picking up fitness, which was a notable plus from yesterday

Yep, a bit of mysterious selection. The new Spaniard can do the Orlandi role with more aplomb if if he has recovered from his first match. I thought Solly March did quite well, but he cut inside too often.

If the Yeovil match is a guide, Leeds push up like Leicester and Doncaster, so we need someone to get around their full backs and I think Buckley (if fit) or Lopez are better. Rodríguez Sánchez is right footed so he can play the attacking midfielder/second striker. Better than Orlandi and right-footed so Lualua would be a supplement on the left. There is a snag with Lualua. He wants the ball at his feet and does not run after a ball in front of him. Ball at his feet is Peter Ward style and Lualua to me is a striker not a winger. He is magic (or could be).

Three from four out of Lualua, Ulloa, Rodríguez, Buckley (or Lopez) up front. I don't think Rodríguez has heading as his strong point so Ulloa has to be there.

I was reasonably impressed by Dale Stephens.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here