Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Glowing praise from a Donny fan!

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
I also think there cannot be many other major sporting venues where you would actually be onboardyour train home within 30 minutes of the final whistle? At most venues (including The Keepmoat) you will still be walking or taking a bus to the station with a further wait for a train or trudging back to your car and then merely joining a stationary or slow moving queue of traffic.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Hate to say it but these stats mean nothing. Its results that count, league position at the end of the season is not calculated on how many times we hit the woodwork, passing accuracy, shots off/on target or posession

Yes it is results that count, but at least we know that if we are missing out, we are missing out in style and with some panache

And I have also come across people, to reflect another post, who disliked Gus and who feel more kindly towards us under the current regime.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Keepmoat is a basic pre-fab stadium as seen all around the UK, the Amex has style and is class

More than that, the AMEX is a thing of beauty.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I also think there cannot be many other major sporting venues where you would actually be onboardyour train home within 30 minutes of the final whistle? At most venues (including The Keepmoat) you will still be walking or taking a bus to the station with a further wait for a train or trudging back to your car and then merely joining a stationary or slow moving queue of traffic.

It is a good 30 minute walk from their ground to the station and a very poor walk route as well.

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
Interesting that one poster on there says we are a more likeable side from an outsiders point of view without Poyet. I know the point isn't to make friends, but I've heard that a few times.

Reckon there s something in that. But as an insider, Oscars football is much more interesting than Poyets and I see Sunderland got caught out again yesterday playing his style.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
You built your stadium four miles out of the city centre. People are going to be reliant on the train, especially away fans, yet there is no cover for fans queuing in the event of inclement weather. No real issue for me with my nice warm coat but not much fun for the two wheelchair users who were stuck sat down getting pissed on while waiting for the train.

Few other points since you asked.

You don't sell chicken balti pies. Football is about three things: bovril, sausage rolls and chicken balti pies. Your selection appeared to be sourced from some Brighton delicatessen rather than a proper pie manufacturer.

Not sure if you have noticed but your ground is lop sided. The 'Kop' end is tiny and looks like the money ran out at that point while the two stands on either side of the pitch (where monied types like to sit their fat arses in corporate boxes to watch the game) are massive. Nobody ever talks about stands and atmosphere in reverential terms unless they are behind the goal (Kop, Stretford END, Trent END, Gallowgate END etc) but you appear to have sacrificed this in your ground in order to put more money into the large stands on the side of the pitch so corporate guests can get a good view of the action from their boxes, while they slowly strangle the atmosphere out of the People's Game.

Final point. You have a display of club 'legends' painted on canvas on the way to the away end. This is quite attractive and fundamentally a good idea, but some of the choices are a bit odd. A number of the said 'legends' only played for a season or two. Must have made one hell of an impact.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Final point. You have a display of club 'legends' painted on canvas on the way to the away end. This is quite attractive and fundamentally a good idea, but some of the choices are a bit odd. A number of the said 'legends' only played for a season or two. Must have made one hell of an impact.

While the rest of this rant is nonsense, I do have sympathy with this view. It's a bizarre a selection of legends that you could wish to see. No pic of all-time leading goalscorer, no pic of the record holder for most appearances, we really should have done better with this.

But the stuff about taking a long time to get away is hysterical - they just can't go to many away games.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here