Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Glowing praise from a Donny fan!

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Interesting that one poster on there says we are a more likeable side from an outsiders point of view without Poyet. I know the point isn't to make friends, but I've heard that a few times.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Sorry BT. I have it on good authority that our performance was shockingly bad. So this Donny fan must have it wrong.

Not only that but are dull, one dimensional and have a crap atmosphere at the Amex :smile:

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
Good post. Some of the moaners about entertainment on other threads should read this and also see http://www.football-league.co.uk/page/ClubShooting/0,,10794~20137,00.html. We are 10th in terms of shots on goal (more than Burnley), indicating the goal scoring problem in taking chances not creating them.

Look at the same page and select form guide - we are equal bottom on number of goals scored with 3 - of course some, (many?), will complain about lack of entertainment!

Telford Seagull

Jul 5, 2011
Telford
Nice that one of them agrees that Garcia is a better manager than poyet and has us playing more complete football

gravnast

Nov 13, 2012
Hate to say it but these stats mean nothing. Its results that count, league position at the end of the season is not calculated on how many times we hit the woodwork, passing accuracy, shots off/on target or posession

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
Hate to say it but these stats mean nothing. Its results that count, league position at the end of the season is not calculated on how many times we hit the woodwork, passing accuracy, shots off/on target or posession

Spot on, revenue isn't generated, and long-term success, are not based on trivia. Looking at it another way, having so many shots hitting the woodwork just goes to show how much we need to improve on our shooting to actually get the ball in the back of the net.

Tenth in terms of shots on goal?! What does that mean in the grand scheme of things, even if we are ahead of Burnley? If Burnley are promoted, will they really care about that? I mean, 10th out of 24 teams isn't something to brag about in the first place.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
"I was genuinley underwhelmed I'm afraid. Ugly from the outside, average pricing on refreshments and not the most spectacular of views.

And why did the club decide to put Lewis Dunk in the programme!? Oozes class does that! :facepalm:"

Jesus wept! BILLY SHARP IS ALIVE (and shit)

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
What is it with people complaining about the train queues? It drives me barmy. I bet you can get on a train after a match at the Amex a hell of a lot quicker than at the Keepmoat.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
"I was genuinley underwhelmed I'm afraid. Ugly from the outside, average pricing on refreshments and not the most spectacular of views.

The keepmoat exterior:

gebamene.jpg

The Amex exterior:

ady2y3at.jpg

The keepmoat view:

yva2unas.jpg

The Amex view:

y5egesuh.jpg

Strange ideas they have about architecture up there in Doncaster.

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk

Maybe the Donny fans are not used to 25k+ crowds - waiting half an hour after the final whistle isn't that bad for a major sporting event.

Things have greatly improved since the first season at the Amex when some of the away fans views were posted on the FGG. I don't think many away fans (and even some home fans) grasp that planning approval for Falmer was conditional on optimising the use of public transport and they should allow for this in their travel plans.

Ok with a long trek home to Doncaster not many fans would really want to hang around after the game but at least the Albion encourage fans to let the queues subside and linger for a post match pint?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Keepmoat is a basic pre-fab stadium as seen all around the UK, the Amex has style and is class

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here