Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anyone sit near constant moaners ?

northernseagull

Mar 12, 2013
What on earth are you talking about. "Shockingly bad"? Utter, utter idiocy.

It was hardly the greatest performance - and on the back of the Watford performance which you or may have not seen it was tough to stomach side to side passing, constant wayward long balls and no support for our best strike since Zamora! Everyone stood around me was in agreement it was not good enough against a very poor opposition - I hardly stood there berating the team vocally but it does dwindle the enthusiasm a bit! It was so blatantly obvious we needed support on the left wing and up front, yet it took 65minutes for that to come - that's were my frustration kicked in. I

But hey ho I guess you're going to refer me to the Goldstone years and how fortunate we are in your next message... 'utter utter idiocy' is a tad harsh for ones calculated and widely accepted opinion.

mooey

Mar 30, 2012
Yeah and he wouldn't shut it until we scored, I'm sick of it and I'm asking the club if I can move on Monday he's winding me up, it's every game! Everyone is shit in his eyes and when we score he stays sitting down the stupid ****

Yea i had the excatly the same with the guy who sat next to me every game full 90 about just moaned Barnes and if he wasnt playing just turned to someone else.just used to neg me out so i ve moved now don t understand why people go to do that all game.so glad i moved

half time scores

Mar 19, 2012
Lounging-on-the-chintz
I sometimes wonder what is going through peoples heads they must have a very sad and lonely life.

Unfortunately not always the case, some manage to find someone to breed with!
Its their children I feel sorry for. we only have to suffer for ninety minutes every other week.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
I think you will find that it is those bitterly defending the right to slag off fellow human beings who are pompous.
Ha, and here speaks the blackest kettle of them all.......

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
It was hardly the greatest performance - and on the back of the Watford performance which you or may have not seen it was tough to stomach side to side passing, constant wayward long balls and no support for our best strike since Zamora! Everyone stood around me was in agreement it was not good enough against a very poor opposition - I hardly stood there berating the team vocally but it does dwindle the enthusiasm a bit! It was so blatantly obvious we needed support on the left wing and up front, yet it took 65minutes for that to come - that's were my frustration kicked in. I

But hey ho I guess you're going to refer me to the Goldstone years and how fortunate we are in your next message... 'utter utter idiocy' is a tad harsh for ones calculated and widely accepted opinion.

It is the total lack of perspective and the one eyed nature of your comment that makes me think it is idiotic. It was not far off a decent performance so for you to brand it "shockingly bad" is utter idiocy. Losing against 9 men at Withdean was shockingly bad!!

And thanks for deciding what my response will be before I even make it. I wasn't going to refer you to the goldstone years - I'll leave it to that chip on your shoulder to make that kind of observation. Your comment is an over-reaction that in fact many, many people on even just this thread don't agree with. So don't kid yourself that you're em voice of he masses. You are the voice of the vocal minority.

Paddy B

Jul 5, 2003
Horsham
Look it wasn't the greatest performance but it was alright. Everyone is entitled to their opinion but what I could not understand was the loud groans when we pass the ball sideways and backwards. We have been doing this for 3 years (maintain possesion) so why the discontent now?

Look it wasn't the greatest performance but it was alright. Everyone is entitled to their opinion but what I could not understand was the loud groans when we pass the ball sideways and backwards. We have been doing this for 3 years (maintain possesion) so why the discontent now?

Noticed the moaners yesterday,once the moaning starts it puts an element of doubt into the players mind,we have just spent three years removing this.Not sure why we are trying to undermine our own players????

northernseagull

Mar 12, 2013
It is the total lack of perspective and the one eyed nature of your comment that makes me think it is idiotic. It was not far off a decent performance so for you to brand it "shockingly bad" is utter idiocy. Losing against 9 men at Withdean was shockingly bad!!

And thanks for deciding what my response will be before I even make it. I wasn't going to refer you to the goldstone years - I'll leave it to that chip on your shoulder to make that kind of observation. Your comment is an over-reaction that in fact many, many people on even just this thread don't agree with. So don't kid yourself that you're em voice of he masses. You are the voice of the vocal minority.

The voice of the vocal minority - for what its worth I quite like that expression ;) It's obvious to all this is a slight blip in form but for the time being I will enjoy having a little rant and ignore the rather patronising and self absorbed nature of your posts.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
The voice of the vocal minority - for what its worth I quite like that expression ;) It's obvious to all this is a slight blip in form but for the time being I will enjoy having a little rant and ignore the rather patronising and self absorbed nature of your posts.

Patronising? You're entitled to your opinion (see what I did there). Not sure how I'm self absorbed in any way. I have a point of view which I hope carries a little perspective, but can't see that as self absorbed. Whatever, I'm off to finish my memoires.

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
Should the club have a designated "Moaners Groaners Area" where they can indulge in mass moaning, so giving themselves more to moan about. This should make them more miserable. The consequences are we are happy now they're not sitting close to us, and they are miserable because they are in like company, so we are all as happy or as miserable as we choose to be.
:lolol: :catfight: :bla:

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Don't be daft. Making an exasperated noise, fair enough. But I think many rightly have an issue with someone standing up and screaming obscenities at their own players for the crime of not being good enough at football. How exactly does that help the team? It doesn't. It's counter productive.

I completely understand moaning if a player isn't putting in the effort, as there's no excuse for that. I cannot understand moaning at someone who just hasn't got the ability to manage what they try to pull off, that's illogical.

You mean moaning at people for not being good at what they are paid a large amount of money to do?

My original question was tongue in cheek. I'd be a liar if I didn't say that I moan at players. I also applaud and encourage them. In 90 minutes I'll go through the range of emotions, just as I will see a player put a perfect cross in and then see the same player miscue a simple pass.

It's an emotional game.

People that only moan? Well sod 'em.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Noticed the moaners yesterday,once the moaning starts it puts an element of doubt into the players mind,we have just spent three years removing this.Not sure why we are trying to undermine our own players????

Oh come on. We've had moaners at the Albion since 1901. We've got the same proportion as any other club surely?

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I had the misfortune of being in front of for once this little round chap who endlessly gave his opinion out, as if players needed advice from run-of-the-mill humans in the stand who think they're encouraging or slating Subutteo pieces, yesterday. He took it upon himself to inform those around him that we had less and less of a chance of victory as the game went on and some witless comments about us not even being able to finish our dinners. On such occasions, when we do what they want us all to believe won't happen, i have the constant urge to turn and hold them or rub their heads as a clear jeer as if i were in the away end and couldn't resist revealing my colours during a first-half hattrick of overhead kicks. I've done it once or twice to the miserablists who want to infect without remorse.
It's not a world of only saying nice things that's demanded, but probably best to not think that every one of our thoughts and opinions is necessary to be aired so gracelessly.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
'Nice to see you ingratiating yourself to our gobby Worzel chum there, Mr N. :thumbsup: :lolol:

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
At least the Albion fans cheer / moan for their team home & away, whether we win or lose.
After I have been at some away games this season watching Brighton, the home team support is non existent.
Proves a point.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Oh come on. We've had moaners at the Albion since 1901. We've got the same proportion as any other club surely?

Anybody that has been to other grounds on a fairly regular basis over the years please report in.
I have been to Arsenal, Brentford and Plymouth Argyle more than 10 times for each club over the years and I would say that the level of moaning was nowhere near ours, the Goldstone (east terrace) was also dreadful.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here