Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anyone sit near constant moaners ?

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
What is moaning?

I mean, if a player plays a wayward pass and you shout out in frustration, is that moaning? Or are we supposed to cheer "hard luck old chap, try again!"

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Standing on the P&R queue was a group who felt the game was the worst football they'd ever seen at the Amex. Mind you they also said Storer had no pace and that Nicky Rust was as important as Reinelt in saving us in 96/97 ...
Oh and the cross for Ulloa's goal was the only good thing Conway did the whole game.

Berks was the word that sprang to mind.

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
There's a lot of double speak on this thread - angst against 'moaners' at the match whose comments may be heard by at most very few people yet acceptance of comments posted on this board that can be read by thousands including the players themselves.

Just take a look at the player ratings thread and imagine some of the comments on there being made by someone sat behind you at the game!

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
Yep. From the 30th minute there was a general loud belief that Albion were both terrible and that we should 'get it up there' as soon as we had the ball. Ignoring of course that we weren't terrible at all.

It carried on for the rest of the match after that, plus the abuse Lopez got for a misplaced pass from our resident 'Mr Angry' was really quite disturbing.

Mar 13, 2012
To the gentlemen in the Family Stand who booed loudly at the introduction of Lopez, I trust you are proud of yourself. I guess being surrounded by primary school children, you just wanted them to think that they were at a panto. Cracking example ...and was it one of your little darlings who was encouraging the Albion players to injure the opposition?

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
I had a few moaners near me yesterday but that's up to them if it makes them feel better, what concerned me more was hearing some boo's and jeers when Lopez came on as it really does annoy me when people start doing that to their own players. If people don't rate a player for whatever reason then fine don't bother cheering or applauding them but I fail to see what booing your own player achieves.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I moan when I think we are are poor, which I thought we were today. I cheer enthusiastically when we play well. I try to back the team when we are mediocre/average. I take the rough with the smooth and have done for 47 years. Still going.

A question for the people who don't moan; how do you differentiate between a superb heart-stopping performance (like at home to Palace last season) and a complete arse of a game (eg Newport this season)?

We weren't poor yesterday by any stretch of the imagination.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
People seem to confuse "not scoring" with "playing bad". They are two completely separate things.

The first half yesterday was VERY GOOD. We played with a lot of attacking intent and bombarded their box. The finishing wasn't great but the build up play was very good.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
What is moaning?

I mean, if a player plays a wayward pass and you shout out in frustration, is that moaning? Or are we supposed to cheer "hard luck old chap, try again!"

Don't be daft. Making an exasperated noise, fair enough. But I think many rightly have an issue with someone standing up and screaming obscenities at their own players for the crime of not being good enough at football. How exactly does that help the team? It doesn't. It's counter productive.

I completely understand moaning if a player isn't putting in the effort, as there's no excuse for that. I cannot understand moaning at someone who just hasn't got the ability to manage what they try to pull off, that's illogical.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
People seem to confuse "not scoring" with "playing bad". They are two completely separate things.

The first half yesterday was VERY GOOD. We played with a lot of attacking intent and bombarded their box. The finishing wasn't great but the build up play was very good.

Agreed. I can't remember a game where we put so many good (I.e. correct height and pace) balls into the box and if Ulloa had been on song (which I have an inkling he will be now, having scored one) he would've had a hatrick at least!

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Agreed. I can't remember a game where we put so many good (I.e. correct height and pace) balls into the box and if Ulloa had been on song (which I have an inkling he will be now, having scored one) he would've had a hatrick at least!

Yup. We would've gone into half time 2 or 3-0 up if last seasons Ulloa was playing, no question. Very dominant performance.

Richy_Seagull

Oct 7, 2003
Brighton

Absolutely spot on.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
I moan when we're crap and applaud when we're good. Pretty standard I'd have thought.
Exactly,... what is it with these pompous holier than thou comments on here,.... if someone performs poorly, give him some feedback,.... if he does well, cheer him,.....

surlyseagull

Aug 23, 2008
I sit in front of constant moaners ,who every game slagged of Barnes regardless if he had a good game or not .They are always talking about ruuuggggeeerrr and how its a mans game and footballs its poor relation .But the iceing on the cake yesterday was one of them actually said ,and I kid you not "thank god Garcia has seen through Barnes as he`s not even on the team sheet " even his dopey who ray henry mates had to quietly remind him that barnes had been sold to Burnley a week or so ago . But the thing is he seemed mildly irritated that he had gone so therefore had no one to moan about .

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
excellent.

more naming and shaming is required.

i lost my rag at a moaner once at Withdean,2 seasons of the bellend and i finally snapped.Probably crossed the line when i mentioned how ugly his wife was but it felt pretty damn good

Indeed, I just don't understand what match it appears some on this thread watched, it's bizzare I thought exactly the same as you, we didn't play badly at all just the final ball/finish was lacking.

Genuinely wonder, if yesterday was 'shockingly bad' of 'the worst in a long time' what some of our fans are expecting?

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Exactly,... what is it with these pompous holier than thou comments on here,.... if someone performs poorly, give him some feedback,.... if he does well, cheer him,.....

I think you will find that it is those bitterly defending the right to slag off fellow human beings who are pompous.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here