Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Rohan Ince

Gullys Cats

Sausage by the sea!!!
Nov 27, 2010
NSC
Great to see him chase the ball down after he lost it! I turned to my son and said! That's what you've got to do when you lose the ball!.

Buck

Through & Through
Feb 18, 2009
Not Lewes Any More
He was really good today. Gone from promising to influential in half a season. Will eventually be a game changer.
Think he's already a game changer; can impose himself purely through physical presence and work rate. Most important player now Bridcutt has left.

Oct 25, 2003
We definitely play worse without him which is a big statement for someone in their first year of first team football. There aren't many players in the squad who, when absent, mean we have to re-model our style of play. Rohan is one of them, his physical presence means he offers something that no-one else in the squad can- for someone with merely a handful of games behind them thats quite something

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Does he have a song yet? Reading this thread the following popped into my head:

Rohan Ince, Rohan Ince
strides across the pitch
Rohan Ince, Rohan Ince
makes the game his bitch
Feared by the bad
loved by the good
Rohan Ince, Rohan Ince, Rohan Ince

To the tune of the old robin hood them tune:

Words might need a bit of work...:dunce:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Does he have a song yet? Reading this thread the following popped into my head:

Rohan Ince, Rohan Ince
strides across the pitch
Rohan Ince, Rohan Ince
makes the game his bitch
Feared by the bad
loved by the good
Rohan Ince, Rohan Ince, Rohan Ince

To the tune of the old robin hood them tune:

Words might need a bit of work...:dunce:

He does, see post 25.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I really do rate him, we certainly missed him last week....... but my vote would go for Upson.

Agreed. It has to be Upson for my money, the only other true contender would have been Crofts, but his injury put paid to that. But that's not to say Ince hasn't made a huge impact, and I've no doubt he'll be up there in the voting when the time comes.

If we had a Young Player of the Season award as some clubs do (presumably we've never bothered due to our crap record at developing young players), he'd walk it.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
So if you were offered Bridcutt back in exchange for Ince would you take it? I would not.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
If we had a Young Player of the Season award as some clubs do (presumably we've never bothered due to our crap record at developing young players), he'd walk it.

I don't think he'd walk it. He'd use a long leg to stop it, use his body to shield it and then come away from a pile of bodies with it at his feet and look for some one to give it to.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
IMHO Poyet brought the wrong player, but who's to say if he was still here he'd had even played him.

The difference is that Bridcutt can slot straight into a PL side now & look at home. Ince would need time to develop that.

But I think in terms of long term development and potential, Ince excites me in a way that Bridcutt never would have done (no, not THAT way, fellas).

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
But I think in terms of long term development and potential, Ince excites me in a way that Bridcutt never would have done (no, not THAT way, fellas).

Me too. Despite what everyone says, size really does matter & Rohan is at least double Bridcutt.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
I love watching him play. He will just get better and better.

I think you have a very good player on your hands there , i will watch his development with intrest .

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
Frankly the only good thing I have to say about Gus Poyet is that by his unsettling Bridcutt he helped elevate Rohan to star status. I'd now be more pizzed off if he'd taken Ince than by his having taken Bridcutt.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I think you have a very good player on your hands there , i will watch his development with intrest .

Sporting of you. I thought the same about Jonny Williams. Though he seems to have stalled a bit in the last season or so. And also to be made of balsa wood.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
The Championship's Patrick Viera. That could be considered a bit OTT, but he has so much potential. I remember watching Viera at Coventry with my brother in law and the ground he covered was unbelievable. Ince does the same, effortlessly. needs a long term contract.

He has one.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here