Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton v Doncaster player ratings....

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Kusczcak 6 - had very little to do although a couple of nice catches in the wind. Poor distribution not helped by the wind.
Bruno 7 - oozes class. Will have a harder 90 minutes on Tuesday but moving forwards he is a delight.
Greer 5 - not his best. Not his worst. Will struggle against McCormack running at him. Lost Sharp once but got his revenge :lol:
Upson 7 - If only he was a little younger! Sheer quality
Ward 7 - displaying consistent good form at the back and on the overlap. Good cross for the goal
Ince 7 - master of the tackle and simple pass (in no way a criticism). Will only improve with time and confidence when he rampages forward but caught out of position when Coppinger ran at him/past him
Stephens 6 - disappointingly "safe" in his range of passing. Strong in the tackle. Want to see him use his pace to support the front line more. Looks promising
Orlandi 6 - quickest football brain on the pitch but not enough energy to break through a crowded midfield and really hurt them
March 6 - lovely balance and good with ball at his feet but when he got into space couldnt use it. Will come with confidence. Going to be a future star
Ulloa 6 - still seems to lack something although I didn't think the first "goal" was offside. Happy to see him getting a little more support. Think we will see him back to his scoring ways now.
Rodriguez 6.5 - good home debut. Pacey and looks to find good positions on the pitch. Very promising :thumbsup:

Lua Lua 7 - could have used his game changing pace and trickery in the first quarter. Might have made the game easier.
Lopez 6 - looked fresh and lively. Still a lot to contribute
Obika n/a - if Spanish Rod tires tomorrow he might get more minutes to show what he can do but no loan extension beynd early April means he is just marking time until CMS returns

Last edited:

Acker79

NSC Patreon
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
To be fair PL, it was a forgettable performance from the Great Gordinho

While adding the marks to my file last night I did think it was a intended to be a comment on greer's performance, I should have checked but it was late and I was tired... Shall add his mark shortly.

EDIT: Turns out I didn't, cause that was posted this morning, must have been confusing it with someone else, will look through the numbers to check.

Last edited:

Acker79

NSC Patreon
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
While adding the marks to my file last night I did think it was a intended to be a comment on greer's performance, I should have checked but it was late and I was tired... Shall add his mark shortly.

EDIT: Turns out I didn't, cause that was posted this morning, must have been confusing it with someone else, will look through the numbers to check.

Ah, Wallyback initially missed Greer, but that was caught last night.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
I've not looked at any of the other ratings in this thread as to not be swayed, so will have a look at the general consensus after this post!

PiG- 6- A couple of very suspect kicks but did what he had to do.

Ward-7- He's done a fine job this season, very consistent and solid.
Upson-7- Should be captain. Leads the line and leads by example.
Greer-5.5- About time he was dropped. Some sloppy passes both short and long, seems to be lacking focus/ability.
Bruno-8- Had a great game, attacked at will against a pretty shambolic Doncaster team and worked well with Solly

Ince-7.5- The guy is awesome. On the rare occasions he loses the ball he is always pegging it straight after the ball to win it back. I actually prefer him to Bridcutt in many ways.
March-8- MOM- Absolutely slaughtered their left-back pretty much every time he had the ball. What a prospect. Myself and a few around me were dismayed when MOM went to Ulloa rather predictably from the matchday sponsors purely as he was goalscorer, Solly deserved it without a doubt.
Stephens-6.5- Still bedding into the team but looking solid so far. Think he and Orlandi will forge a great partnership in front of Incey given time.
Orlandi-7- Seemed to drift out and come back into the centre throughout, typically strong performance.
Rodriguez- 7- Worked hard and evidently has a decent amount of pace in his locker. Impressive debut.

Ulloa- 6- Looked uninterested and frustrated at times but hopefully will be back to his best after finally getting back on the scoresheet.

Last edited:

jersmith

Jan 30, 2014
Kusczcak 6 - had very little to do although a couple of nice catches in the wind. Poor distribution not helped by the wind.
Bruno 7 - oozes class. Will have a harder 90 minutes on Tuesday but moving forwards he is a delight.
Greer 5 - not his best. Not his worst. Will struggle against McCormack running at him. Lost Sharp once but got his revenge :lol:
Ward 7 - displaying consistent good form at the back and on the overlap. Good cross for the goal
Ince 7 - master of the tackle and simple pass (in no way a criticism). Will only improve with time and confidence when he rampages forward but caught out of position when Coppinger ran at him/past him
Stephens 6 - disappointingly "safe" in his range of passing. Strong in the tackle. Want to see him use his pace to support the front line more. Looks promising
Orlandi 6 - quickest football brain on the pitch but not enough energy to break through a crowded midfield and really hurt them
March 6 - lovely balance and good with ball at his feet but when he got into space couldnt use it. Will come with confidence. Going to be a future star
Ulloa 6 - still seems to lack something although I didn't think the first "goal" was offside. Happy to see him getting a little more support. Think we will see him back to his scoring ways now.
Rodriguez 6.5 - good home debut. Pacey and looks to find good positions on the pitch. Very promising :thumbsup:

Lua Lua 7 - could have used his game changing pace and trickery in the first quarter. Might have made the game easier.
Lopez 6 - looked fresh and lively. Still a lot to contribute
Obika n/a - if Spanish Rod tires tomorrow he might get more minutes to show what he can do but no loan extension beynd early April means he is just marking time until CMS returns

+1 good review

Stripes01

Feb 10, 2014
From those at the game please.

Bruno 8 - Brilliant. Will have a much more difficult game on Tuesday
Greer 5 - Struggling in the last few games - currently a nightmare can only improve!
Ward 6 - like Greer last few games has been poor - however a great cross for Ulloas goal
Ince 7.5 - Excellent display - even when he lost the ball - fought mega hard to retrieve -no matter what or where he had to go.
Stephens 6 - disappointing "safe" in his range of passing. Caught in possession too often. Early days but so far not a suitable replacement for Crofts
Orlandi 7.5 - quickest football brain on the pitch by a mile,- Spanish Dave needs Orlandi on the pitch to shine. All too often one or the other -if it is one only then Orlandi by a mile
March 7 - good with ball at his feet. Great first half but faded in the 2nd.
Ulloa 7 - improving game by game at last. At Burnley no support Watford much better when Rodriguez came on - Hope the goal inspires him back to his best, it will only happen if the crossing and support is better though.
Rodriguez 7 Good home debut. Very promising!

Lua Lua 6 - potential game changer - seen him play much better than today, most defences are scared of him when he runs at them, (at Burnley could have been the difference, all too often, went unusually backwards.)
Lopez 6 - looked good- Still a lot to contribute - (as mentioned better when Orlandi is playing they seem to have a sixths sense of where each other are or about to be.)
Obika 5 - not enough time to get higher score.

Acker79

NSC Patreon
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Averages

Starters - 45 Votes
March 7.22 (80mins)
Ince 7.12
Bruno 7.08
Ward 7.07
Rodriguez 6.86 (90mins)
Upson 6.78