Orlandi - 6.25
March - 7.25
Ulloa - 6
Rodney - 7

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
Oh and Lualua gets a 6.5 and Dave and Obika weren't really on long enough for a mark

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Kuszczak 6.5 - I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and assume the wind affected his distribution, otherwise just ok.
Bruno 7.5
Greer 4.5 - pretty bad (see below)
Upson 7
Ward 7.5
Stephens 7
Ince 7.5 - some passes/clearances seemed to lack direction
Orlandi 7
Rodriguez 7
Ulloa 6.5 - Didn't seem to have much confidence, first half kept coming out wide on the overlap but didn't have the pace to do much with it out there, well taken goal, the guy was completely knackered towards the end of the game.

Lualua 6.5 got in behind a couple of times but failed to get the ball out of his feet in time to do anything
Lopez 6.5
Obika Not on long enough

I thought doncaster were an effective defensive unit. They kept a disciplined high line, when we forced them back they crowded the area limiting our options. With more confidence, and in some cases a bit more familiarity, we will hopefully be better at picking out the passes. For me we had two problems today, one was Greer dropping back 5 yards deeper than anyone else allowing Doncaster in to dangerous areas, and allowing doncaster to get the ball in our area more than they should have been allowed. What made it worse was he was constantly telling everyone to push up the pitch and then when everyone had he would drop back again. Coupled with his poor distribution I would say he had a bad game.

The other problem was on the attack there was no vision, no one looking to see who was making the line beating run, so by the time it was spotted that, for example, Rodriguez was going to make a run in behind, he is already offside, so the ball is played back or across, or more often none of the players notice leading to frustrated fans. Because of the way Doncaster played, it was more important to see those options and pass it before they slip offside, on the few occasions they did, the pass was behind them of through their legs rather than in front of them, pushing them wide rather than setting them through on goal. We also need to have different players make different runs in the box, too oftne either they all go neat post, or all go in close for the cross the goal mouth ball and no one hangs back for the pull back.

Oops.
March 7

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Kuszczak -6
Ward -6.5
Greer -6
Upson -7
Bruno -6
Ince-7
Stephens -6.5
March -7.5
Orlandi - 7
Rodriguez -6
Ulloa -7

Subs
Luar Lua 7
Lopez n/a
Obika n/a

Seaford by the sea

Sep 29, 2008
seaford
TK 6.5 - Looked shaky yesterday, but did his job fine
Bruno 7
Greer 6
Upson 7
Ward 8 - Had a great game
Ince 7
Stephens 7.5 - Quality home debut, looks a bargain
Orlandi 6 - Didn't do much
March 8 - Good dribbling and delivery
Ulloa 6 -Not his best, but scored one and had one disallowed
Rodriguez 7.5 - Quality as well

Stephens:ohmy: what game were you watching? There is always a natural bias towards players making their debuts, I guess from the hope that the club have unearthed an amazing bargain.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Kusczack 6 - Kicking is shocking though

Bruno 7- Best game for a while but he's still a poor defence
Greer 6
Upson 6.5
Ward 6.5 - some great crosses, some wayward passing and fell over the ball

Ince 7
Orlandi 6
Stephens 5.5
Rodriguez 7 - impressed, lively
March 7 - Faded but still created a lot

Ulloa 6 - Good goal, still way off being fit though

KLL- 6

Monsieur Le Plonk

Lethargy in motion
Apr 22, 2009
By a lake
Stephens:ohmy: what game were you watching? There is always a natural bias towards players making their debuts, I guess from the hope that the club have unearthed an amazing bargain.

Some of these high marks for Stephens are confusing me too. Could see he has potential and once settled could be a great signing but in the first half there were guys making runs ahead of him and he just didn't see them. Not sure how he can get more than a 5.

mjking73

Apr 17, 2013
Littlehampton
Kuszczak - 6 - solid keeping, the odd kick a bit wayward
Ward - 7 - again solid, great cross for goal
Upson - 7 - Mr Dependable
Greer - 5.5 - Off form of late - passing out into touch too oftern, otherwise ok.
Bruno - 7.5 - Had a great game going forward, solid defensively
Ince - 8 - Quality - my MOM
Stephens - 6.5 - some good touches and runs forward
Orlandi - 6.5 - Ditto Stephens
March - 7.5 - Could have been watching Noone out there, great future
Ulloa - 7 - Battled hard and took goal well.
D-Rod - 7 - Some nice touches and did lots of running - could be a great signing.

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
Midfield and up front consisted of 2 new players, 2 young inexperienced players and 2 players recently back from a couple of months injured. Great to get a win bearing that in mind but there are obviously going to be a few things that need sorting out.

For me we really missed the defensive midfielder. Ince seemed to play forward than that, then Stephens and Orlandi played even further forward. Consequently we were at times trying to thread the ball forward into a massively congested part of the field. People were making runs but it must have been pretty hard for a player to pick a pass to them .A bit too gung-ho for me. Very little inter-play occurred between our midfield because they were too far forward.

The main problem I have with Oscar's tactics, is this obsession with bringing players whose strength is out wide hugging the touchline into the centre of the pitch. The game was crying out for LuaLua to come on and sit on the left touchline so him and Ward could terrorise the full back. This didn't really happen and as I was wondering why, I noticed Kaz go there and then get shouted at by Oscar to come more in field. I can see Oscar's thinking, hoping to release the over-lapping full-backs but we lose a big chunk of our main threat his way and we make the centre of the pitch more congested.

Typical, that we should then score from this tactic one of the few times it worked which will probably persuade him he got it right. However what about the the opportunities we are missing?

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Kusczack 7
Bruno 8
Upson 7
Ward 7
Ince 7
Orlandi 6
Stephens 6
Rodriguez 8
March 8
Ulloa 6

SI 4 BHA

Nov 12, 2003
westdene, brighton
Kusczack 6 - Kicking is shocking though

Bruno 7- Best game for a while but he's still a poor defence
Greer 6
Upson 6.5
Ward 6.5 - some great crosses, some wayward passing and fell over the ball

Ince 7
Orlandi 6
Stephens 5.5
Rodriguez 7 - impressed, lively
March 7 - Faded but still created a lot

Ulloa 6 - Good goal, still way off being fit though

KLL- 6

Agree with all that, very average performance by everyone, no one really c**p and nothing fantastic. Overall, satisfactory, but could do a lot better.
Bit worried about Ulloa, everyone is saying he is not fit, but it was a fairly routine break, he returned roughly around the time he was expected back so unlikely there were any complications, and has been back 5 or 6 weeks now so we should be seeing him back to his best but he just looks disinterested.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I can only imagine the high scores people will get when we win a game three or four nil if some are handing out eights and higher after that game.

seagullhoop

Nov 6, 2012
Brighton
March and Ward 7
Stephens a 5
Greer possibly a 4
Everyone else a 6

Pretty poor game with little or no vision from the midfield to pick out the runners - first instinct is always sideways or backwards - all a bit predictable

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here