Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Will Brighton v Doncaster - GAME ON

Ady1964

Mar 23, 2013
Maybe snow.......But not rain!!! And most games are called off in the snow because of health and safety reasons in the immediate area of grounds!! I think this is a great shame as I used to love the games on snowy pitches in the days before H & S became god!!!

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Lovely in Essex ATM, about to start by journey. It might be a bit challenging coming back!

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Hail in BN43, magnificent

luppers

Aug 10, 2008
Didim, Turkey
Surely a 40+mph wind would interfere too much with the ball in play.
Bearing in mind that's considerably windier than anything we've had recently.

Not to mention the amount of crap that's going to get blown out from the east stand onto the pitch!!

The East Stand are still blaming Ashley Barnes for the weather!

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
It's a stiff breeze, if there are surfers, SUP's and canoeists larking about IN the raging waters of Shoreham Harbour walking to the ground should n't be a life or death call

Philzo-93

Jan 17, 2009
North Stand
Not fact.

There was procedures in place for the Bournemouth game to be called off. The ref done 2 inspection and decided on the 3rd that it was playable.

The weather from the Southampton game was the monitor. We were gona have a Hugh down pour but luckily the wind blew the cloud out to sea so the game went ahead.

Fact.

You're not a referee I'm guessing are you???

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
Completely off topic but my parents have just moved to crowborough. What's the easiest way to get to the Amex as my dad will be travelling in?

Sorry for late reply mate but straight up from Crowborough Cross its about 24 miles litterally straight all the way through Uckfield then through the tunnel at Lewes

southasp

Jan 24, 2009
portslade
It is true because i was sitting in the Police control room when it was discussed. Southampton was getting battered with the worse rain they had seen in years and we were lucky that the cloud got blown out to the sea other wise we would of had that weather and the game was going to get called off.
I am not saying that the discussion you heard in the police box was not true.
What I am saying is that a game at the Amex cannot be called off due to wet weather (FACT)
I would suggest that whoever was discussing this were/are ill informed.
With you being sat in the police box, I find this quite surprising as I don't remember to many occasions when the local constabulary are proved be wrong!
The pitch held up quite well today I think, considering us having the wettest January for sixty six years!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here