Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Why are Palace fans referred to.......

Dec 16, 2010
Over there
I believe it's derived from Cockney rhyming slang.
Nigel - Nigel Kennedy - Nigel Kennedy the fiddler - Fiddler on the roof - fiddler on the roof - Poof. From their notoriously large gay community in Croydon

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I didn't know were the term Nigel came from, and by the look of the answers on here, nobody else does either.

My first Brighton Match was in December 1967. Does that make me a JCL. If we stuck with people who were everpresent during the Gillingham years, there wouldn't be much point in having the AMEX, would there.

Well if you read my previous post, it explains exactly why they are called Nigels by Millwall fans, no idea why some Brighton fans call them Nigels.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Your nickname of " the tarquins " is gaining momentum as well :clap2:

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
If Doctor Crawley, (a CTFC fan I believe) just looks at the avatars given to the Palace posters on this thread, and has a guess at the real names of the pictured, I bet Nigel comes up twice at least.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patreon
Jan 3, 2012
Well if you read my previous post, it explains exactly why they are called Nigels by Millwall fans, no idea why some Brighton fans call them Nigels.

I had read your previous post, which seemed to be one of the better informed!. it just shows that different people think there are different reasons for it.

PS - I genuinely find all this stuff really interesting - sad, isn't it.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here