Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Characterize / stereotype the AMEX support, stand by stand.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Still got the best seat in the house. Front row West Stand Upper, but on the North Stand Wing.

Brother sorted it out. I have this historical love of watching the game across one of the penalty areas.

If I have to be behind a goal, it has to be high bit then I don't really like it.

Worst place for me ? On the centre line. Hate it with a passion. Once swapped seats at the Amex there and couldn't wait to get back.

Odd I know.

So I'd catergorise WSU wing as the intelligent choice brigade. Perfect view but next to the atmosphere.

Just don't stand up too much.....

EastUpperSeagull

Jul 3, 2013
It is possible to watch the match and be aware of what is going on around you. It's quite easy really. Just wait for the first time the referee makes a debatable decision against the Albion, jump up and shout about it as you normally would, and when nobody within ten rows of you joins in you know you're surrounded by the part-timers. I've no problem with that, they pay their money and it's just as valuable as anyone else's. And it's a shame because the ESU has a fantastic view that I would be happy to have for my season ticket, but I couldn't possibly sit amongst hundreds of people who don't really care what's going on on the pitch.

On the other hand, I've been in the WSU two or three times, and while I find the view is a bit too high, at least you can be sure the people up there are engrossed in the game and reacting to it.

I'm in ESU near the back on the centre line and have to agree to some extent. My Dad and I get involved if there is a bad decision, we switch off etc but not many others do. Still love the view and my Dads mates sit there so can get my fix at away games!

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
You've only got to look across the pitch to see it's exactly the same view as those in the 1901 club pay £1,500 a season for, so of course it is fantastic.

Except that in the ESU you get the view of the beautiful main stand, and the tunnel and the dug-outs (although a fair way off). It's also a better view because there are slightly less rows in ESL than WSL, so the front of the ESU is nearer the pitch than the front of the 1901 seats. The crowd up there are no worse than ESL - if anything (and I've had season tickets in both) I would say it's better in the upper tier. Notters' description of 'Withdean regulars and old north standers' means I should belong in the WSU, but it's just too far away from the pitch for me.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here