Jun 5, 2011
brett-l229-1342408_478x359.jpg

Mendoza with some of his Albion shirt collection

PUBLISHED
20:06 5th February 2014
by Adam Tighe
After a 14-year wait, we had Doncaster again, it seemed like destiny"
Brett Mendoza
Life-long Albion fan Brett Mendoza shared just a fraction of his Albion shirt collection with the club’s official YouTube channel last week in the build-up to Saturday’s game against Doncaster.

The fixture against Rovers has been classed as Blue and White Day at the Amex, and Mendoza shared his memories of the two previous historical clashes with the Yorkshire side.
Mendoza on his shirt collection and Doncaster
Albion’s final ever game at the Goldstone Ground was a dramatic 1-0 victory over Doncaster that helped save the club from relegation from the Football League, while the opening game at the Amex added further drama to the storyline. A late fighback saw the Seagulls open their account at their new home with a last-gasp 2-1 win thanks to Will Buckley’s brace.
“We knew it was the last ever game we were going to play there, we didn’t even know what the future held for us but when Storer put that ball in the net I have never seen the Goldstone erupt like that," Mendoza recalled. “It was unbelievable scenes.
“We thought that the last game at the Goldstone was emotional then after a 14-year wait, we had Doncaster again, it seemed like destiny.
“It was a full house with blue and white everywhere. The fans with the flags waving just seemed like we were back. If we can recreate that again it should spur us on for three points.”
Regarding his shirt collection Mendoza added, “I started collecting the shirts as a kid and as I have grown up I have always thought I have to keep continuing. It is a good trip down memory lane when I look at them.”
Tickets for Albion's next four home games available now online, at the Amex Ticket Office or via the telephone on 08443271901.

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here