Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is the current Fulham team one of the worst Premier League teams ever?

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Check out the 80/81 season final table. 19 points from 42 games is a shocking accomplishment.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
They were so so bad against Sheff Utd last night, a Sheff Utd team which had lost 3-0 to Crewe on Saturday. Their next 8 fixtures include away games at both Manchester clubs and home matches against Liverpool, Chelsea and Everton. They must be nailed on favourites for relegation. At least, now that they're out of the cup they can concentrate on the league!

I confess i don't know much about the Fulham squad but I think that they made a comment during the game in the commentary that Fulham had made quite a few changes from their normal starting line up, how close was the team playing against Sheffield Utd to the best XI?

churley1

Oct 13, 2009
Bogota
I hate how their only song is "Come on Fulham!" even when they're 3-0 up.

A cracking ground/away day, but that club really doesn't deserve to be where they are.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
I confess i don't know much about the Fulham squad but I think that they made a comment during the game in the commentary that Fulham had made quite a few changes from their normal starting line up, how close was the team playing against Sheffield Utd to the best XI?

I don't know the answer to that question, but apparently Sheff Utd made some similar changes for presumably the same reason ... avoiding relegation is a priority. In any case Fulham should have had the resources/ability even without their best X1 on the pitch to take care of a team two divisions below them. And the worse thing was the complete lack of passion shown by most of the Fulham players for most of the game.

I will be sorry to see them go down because it is good to see an unfashionable small club hanging on in there in the Premier League. On the other hand Craven Cottage will be a very nice away fixture next season.

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
I wonder if the Yank who bought them realises that they can be relegated ? The worst thing is that they are making it easier for Palace to stay up, at the moment I'd say Fulham, WBA and Cardiff are my picks to go down

Ditto. My only slight doubt would be WBA. They draw too many games especially at the Hawthorns, so yep i'll go with those three.

joeinbrighton

Nov 20, 2012
Brighton
Derby won 1 match out of 38 in 2007/08, finishing with 11 points. I'd say they were the worst. Sunderland have had a couple of dreadful sides too, in 2002/03 and 2005/06. Swindon were pretty horrendous in 1993/94 as well, as were Ipswich the following season. Crystal Palace almost went the whole of the 1997/98 season without a home win too. And last season QPR and Reading were absolutely dire. Fulham are pretty shabby, but not as bad as any of them.

Last edited:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
its very odd, on paper its a very decent team. not only Meulensteen but also Ray Wilkins and Alan Curbishley there, so really wierd how they have turned into a pile of turd from Jol's dogs dinner.

It's not odd really. The spine of their team is well into their 30s. They tend to ship goals in the last 20 mins because they're all knackered by then. That, according to a Fulham STH I know, is the problem.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here