***Worlds Hardest Creature VII, THE FINAL***

Who is WHC VII?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
fireworks-1.jpg

So, here we are. 49 creatures entered but only two are left standing. Who, in 48 hours time will be victorious and crowned the Worlds Hardest Creature for 2014? The outcome is in your hands. Think carefully and choose wisely, don't let regret stain your memories of WHC VII and don't let down your chosen beast. Fight till the end.

The Combatants:

In the Blue Corner, weighing in at 35 pounds, 28cm tall and 77 cm long, two time beaten finalist, 'The Peoples Champion', always Box Office...
Honey Badger

honeybadger-feeding1.jpg
HoneyBadger_7755.jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honey_badger

Route to the final:
Group C: Winner 38
2nd round: Honey Badger 52 v Black Mamba 22
Quarter final: Honey Badger 47 v Grasshopper Mouse 37
Semi final: Honey Badger 62 vs Crocodile 56

What is there left to be said about the Honey Badger? He's tough, tenacious and tireless. Small and squat he's a powerful little beast with long sharp claws and a thick, loose skin meaning even if he's in the jaws of another beast he can twist and turn and carry on the fight. He'll fight off much larger animals, horses, cattle, even lions. He gets his name from his love of going into a honey bees nest, ripping it to pieces and eating the larvae inside, impervious to the furious stings and attacks of the bees. He also, hunts, kills and eats poisonous snakes. Even if it means getting knocked out by the venom. He'll just carry on eating when he comes round again.

Vs

In the red corner, weighing in at not a lot, growing up to 12 inches:

Mantis Shrimp

mantis_shrimp_body_armor-7.jpg
spearer-in-action.jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mantis_shrimp

Route to the final:
Group A: Winner 30 votes
2nd round: Mantis Shrimp 55 v Bull Shark 27
Quarter final: Mantis Shrimp 59 v Man 15
Semi final Mantis Shrimp 48 v Hippo 23

The Mantis Shrimp has taken the competition by storm his year smashing everything in its path on its way to its first final. It has actually decimated every opponent its faced- not one has bettered 50% of the M.S's vote in any round so far. This brightly coloured little crustacean has a tough, armour -like shell to protect it from attack and when it attacks...wow. It's claws attacks at a speed equal to a .22 calibre bullet. At that speed if its claws hit their target that target is going to be eviscerated. If the claws for some reason miss, don't worry, because the speed of the attack is so fast it actually creates a shock wave which will pummel its prey into submission(death). The strike also creates tremendous heat and light. They have also been known to shatter the glass in the aquarium that they've been kept in.

Last edited:

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
The Honey Badger is going to find this very tough.

The Mantis Shrimp has come from nowhere to show aggression, bravery, and just basic assaults by battery to any creature or object coming near it. I feel the crocodile supporters smear campaign showing HB's being used as pets is still going to have a damaging effect, but of course the HB as a firm fan base.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Yawn.....

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
On the basis that a shrimp can be squashed with either of my feet and I am about as hard as a marshmallow, it's a total no brainer. Badger all the way. But the fact the shrimp is in the final says much about this stupid tawdry competion.

Where was the giraffe? :)

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
The Honey Badger is going to find this very tough.

The Mantis Shrimp has come from nowhere to show aggression, bravery, and just basic assaults by battery to any creature or object coming near it. I feel the crocodile supporters smear campaign showing HB's being used as pets is still going to have a damaging effect, but of course the HB as a firm fan base.

I think you're being slightly disingenuous* there. The honey badger brigade have a long history of smearing and besmirching the name of the crocodile and any number of other competitors it has faced. Even now they cling to myth and hearsay to promulgate the aura of the honey badger. It is all sadly, or perhaps happily, part and parcel of the competition.

Honey Badger fans do it, Crocodile fans do it, Cassowary fans do it as do the fans of all the other beasts.

Edit: *disingenuous might be the wrong word...

Last edited:

Kazenga <3

Test 805843
Feb 28, 2010
Team c/r HQ
Going to need some time to decide before rushing in with a vote.

The HB is most definitely HARD.

The Shrimp has a very impressive armoury, but what has it actually done with it to constitute hardness?

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Has to be the Honey Badger. I was particularly impressed by his confrontation with the Puff Adder. Won the fight but got bitten in the process. Ate the snakes head off, passed out due to the venom, regained consciousness, ate the rest of the snake and the next day went off and killed and ate another Puff Adder!!!

Razzoo

Sep 11, 2011
N. Yorkshire
Shrimp vs Badger. Pah it's like the F.A. cup final contested by Walsall vs Southend or something. Still, go Shrimp.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo

The Shrimp has a very impressive armoury, but what has it actually done with it to constitute hardness?

It's a valid question.

But just think if it was the same size as the honey badger. Its attacks would be so powerful it would basically have a sonic boom and create its own lightening. Lightening! Coming from its claws! a sonic boom shock wave, lightening and massive heat all coming from its claws. That's off the scale. It's basically got super hero powers. Insane stuff.

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011

Team Honey Badger!

Jimmy Grimble

This. We need to know more about its mentality.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Another mental creature found in our waters. How were we not told about these as kids. I'd gotten well past the fear of the Great White. Knowing however that these little suckers are in the water lurking I may not venture back into the surf again this summer.

Kazenga <3

Test 805843
Feb 28, 2010
Team c/r HQ
I'm not convinced by this shrimp at all, clearly it is tooled up and a bit of a badboy, bur for my mind it doesn't actually DO anything hard. There has been a huge lack of substantial evidence behind the shrimp campaign, and it has somehow managed to ride a wave of propaganda in the form of a couple of whiny American youtube vids all the way to the final. 'Has been known to smash aquarium glass'- ok mate well done for being on display in a glass box with all your pretty little colours. The only HARDCORE evidence of the shrimp doing anything remotely hard is that video of it waving its claws at an octopus and the octopus retreating a yard or so. I don't go putting my hand near an ants nest because I'd rather not get nipped, doesn't mean the ant is hard.

As for the Honey Badger, there is real evidence of it scaring off a PRIDE of lions just because he was pissed at being woken up. He takes on snakes for TEH LOLZ and SAUNTERS into bee hives because he juts fancies a treat. HB is like the Andy Murray of the animal world, forever the perennial bridesmaid. Surely now is his time to win a grand slam?

Vote HB.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here