Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Oscar Garcia on the Shortlist for Swansea

seagurn

Feb 19, 2007
County town
Bring back Liam Brady if oscar goes if he would come out of retiement !

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
If Oscar left then this will be a massive loss. He will go further in the long run in football than Poyet or any other manager we have had or will have here. We need to keep him as long as we can. If he wete to go i would be worried

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Extremely dull manager. Dull football, Not convinced he will take us up. Poor home record and lack of goals. I just don't feel comfortable with him and Jones.

Yeah, Oscar's terrible. He's got us in a terrible position in the league and we're obviously out of the cup and that's with a fully fit squad (absolutely no injuries all season) and we've had loads of money to sign players in the transfer window. What a terrible manager he is!

Can't believe some of the ridiculous attitudes on here. Oscar's not perfect but he's had so many things go wrong outside his control. For anyone to think we'd be better off if he left now is unbelievable.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Yeah, Oscar's terrible. He's got us in a terrible position in the league and we're obviously out of the cup and that's with a fully fit squad (absolutely no injuries all season) and we've had loads of money to sign players in the transfer window. What a terrible manager he is!

Can't believe some of the ridiculous attitudes on here. Oscar's not perfect but he's had so many things go wrong outside his control. For anyone to think we'd be better off if he left now is unbelievable.

For anyone to think we'd be better off if he left now is unbelievable

I love that statement.

Same with Wednesday when they sacked Gary Megson. Eyebrows were raised and yet Jones took over and they went up that season.
Nigel Clough's sacking certainly surprised many and now look at Derby?

People were gobsmacked Lee Clark got sacked from Udders when they were something like 5th in the league. There chairman was proved right as there next manager took them up.

No no no you can't sack Oscar as no one can do better job.. Where do people get these ideas mangers like Oscar cannot be replaced :lolol:

I haven't seen any real improvement in the team since Garcia took over 7 months ago. It's been the same old dull football and lack of goals. from an extremely dull manager. Sorry that's just my opinion.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
For anyone to think we'd be better off if he left now is unbelievable

I love that statement.

Same with Wednesday when they sacked Gary Megson. Eyebrows were raised and yet Jones took over and they went up that season.
Nigel Clough's sacking certainly surprised many and now look at Derby?

People were gobsmacked Lee Clark got sacked from Udders when they were something like 5th in the league. There chairman was proved right as there next manager took them up.

No no no you can't sack Oscar as no one can do better job.. Where do people get these ideas mangers like Oscar cannot be replaced :lolol:

I haven't seen any real improvement in the team since Garcia took over 7 months ago. It's been the same old football and lack of goals.

You haven't seen any improvement? Maybe that is because our player of the year from the last two seasons was out for months. Or because our main striker has been injured for much of the season (along with two other strikers who've missed the whole season so far). We've even managed to lose our player of the season so far for the rest of the year (and at that point we were sixth and in a play off place). I haven't even mentioned our most creative player, who has missed much of the year.

In January, we also lost Bridcutt, Barnes and El Abd but still Oscar's got on with his job. We've dropped a bit over the last couple of weeks due to a difficult run of three away games but are still only 7 points off the play offs with a game in hand and through to the fifth round of the FA Cup. To be honest, given the situation he came into and the players he's lost (either sold or injured), I think Oscar's done a great job and it's sad to see some fans moaning about the job he's done.

On the other hand, he's clearly improved a number of our players, three obvious examples being Ince, LuaLua and Crofts. But don't let any of that blind you from your bizarre opposition to him. I was a fan of Poyet's but today's accounts showed how much was spent on trying to go up last year. Oscar won't have had anywhere near that money to work with and we must have made a significant profit in the January window.

As for your comments above, I'm not saying nobody could do a better job. I'm saying, given the instability the club has had with the Poyet situation over the last year, the last thing we need is to change manager. You'd think we were bottom rather than 9th in the league from reading your posts in this thread. People moan about manager loyalty but to be honest, it's hardly surprising that managers aren't loyal when you hear comments like this.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Oscar's doing a great job in my book.

Liam Bridcutt was the lynchpin of Poyet's playing style and for 2 Championship seasons for Gus, Liam missed about 2 or 3 league games in total. Oscar has barely had Liam for more than a couple of games.

Oscar has also had a completely disrupted strike force. Ulloa out for long spells, Barnes finding it difficult to be prolific as a lone front man. To compound this, Buckley has also seen too much of the treatment room, Conway gone back from a loan spell where he really just started to find his feet. The injury to Crofts was a cruel blow for the team from a player well on his way to being player of the year.

And yet, despite all this and being in the role just half a season, we have 40 pts, 10 home games left, 8 away, and our key players all slowly coming back to form and fitness. Keep up the great work OG, I reckon the majority of us at least are still right behind you! :thumbsup:

Great post.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
It wouldn't surprise me if they had put out feelers to his agent, just as they will to a few others. Direct contact with Oscar himself, though, would surprise me very much as it would constitute an illegal approach unless TB or PB had okayed it.

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012
It wouldn't surprise me if they had put out feelers to his agent, just as they will to a few others. Direct contact with Oscar himself, though, would surprise me very much as it would constitute an illegal approach unless TB or PB had okayed it.

It would surprise the **** out of me.

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
Well he has an excellent background and has brought stability to the club. It is pretty obvious that we have a shortage of resources to compete with the likes of Leicester, Reading and QPR which makes our league position very creditable. We have consistently put in good performances against the top clubs and achieved results which is very promising.

He is without baggage.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
If Swansea poach Oscar it will seriously hack me off. After the bitter taste left by the Gus saga, it would just show that it is pretty much impossible for us even to attempt to progress as a club without it all being taken away by someone else. Swansea just waltz in and wreck everything. The idea of any sort of fair competition is gone. I'm just so disillusoned now with the game. It'd probably be me out all together. Don't need the continual disappointment to be honest.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
If Swansea poach Oscar it will seriously hack me off. After the bitter taste left by the Gus saga, it would just show that it is pretty much impossible for us even to attempt to progress as a club without it all being taken away by someone else. Swansea just waltz in and wreck everything. The idea of any sort of fair competition is gone. I'm just so disillusoned now with the game. It'd probably be me out all together. Don't need the continual disappointment to be honest.

Managers are no different to players in wanting to further their careers. You can't really stop Oscar from having discussions with them really. Maybe i'm being a bit harsh on Oscar, Think i'm just angry from the last 7 days or so. We had a very good home record under Gus but not so under Oscar. That's life i guess.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here