Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Oscar Garcia on the Shortlist for Swansea

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Wouldn't be at all surprised to see Jones as Manager by next season.

I would be totally gobsmacked and I'm not in the "Jones is a clueless gimp in a skinny tracksuit" camp either

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Me neither but then again I'm still trying to work out at what point the Albion became too good for a well respected head coach who learned a lot of his trade at Barcelona as well as winning the championship with MTA.

If we keep on saying it, do you think it might begin to resonate? Or is there really just no point?

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
If it does happen - and I think there is a very good chance - would hope we could promote Nathan with Calde as his number two.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I'd be devastated if he goes, but maybe it'll give Ralf Rangnick a chance to take the albion up a league.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Guillem Balague & Graeme Bailey from Sky both reporting OG is very high on Swanseas list

HantsSeagull

Aug 17, 2011
Caught in a Riptide
If it does happen - and I think there is a very good chance - would hope we could promote Nathan with Calde as his number two.

well i know TB is a gambler but i think thats unlikely

given his investment i suspect he will want to go for someone with a bit more about him than nathan jones

*awaits thread bounce*

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
"Please don't take my Oscar away"

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
Hopefully hypothetical - but it would be an interesting dilemma if Swansea asked for permission to speak with our Oscar Garcia?

I wonder how Tony Bloom would feel. Firstly I suspect he would have a sense of deja vu. But in a way it would be yet another compliment for Tony's own recent managerial selections. However I guess if Swansea were to go about such an approach in a respectful and appropriate manner then Tony might just give permission but also make it clear that financial compensation would be expected.

This also prompts the question whether Tony has a shortlist of future managerial candidates of his own in mind? Given how situations in football can change so rapidly I guess most sensible Chairmen would always have a couple of names in mind, 'just in case'.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
I would be over the moon if Oscar was snapped up by Swansea.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Hopefully hypothetical - but it would be an interesting dilemma if Swansea asked for permission to speak with our Oscar Garcia?

I wonder how Tony Bloom would feel. Firstly I suspect he would have a sense of deja vu. But in a way it would be yet another compliment for Tony's own recent managerial selections. However I guess if Swansea were to go about such an approach in a respectful and appropriate manner then Tony might just give permission but also make it clear that financial compensation would be expected.

This also prompts the question whether Tony has a shortlist of future managerial candidates of his own in mind? Given how situations in football can change so rapidly I guess most sensible Chairmen would always have a couple of names in mind, 'just in case'.

Bloom would definitely have a couple of names in mind - "Nathan" and "Jones".

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab

Extremely dull manager. Dull football, Not convinced he will take us up. Poor home record and lack of goals. I just don't feel comfortable with him and Jones.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here