Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Oscar Garcia on the Shortlist for Swansea

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Has he touted himself yet?
Great post. It makes a nice change to feel that our manager might actually be quite focused on what he is doing and the future success of our club.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
If and I emphasize if it was our Oscar they were after how about Malky to replace him? Would prefer to keep OG to complete the job though.

Malky got Cardiff promoted with a much larger budget than we have as far as I recall so I sincerely doubt he'd do half as well as Oscar is doing.

I really am struggling to come to terms with the expectations that some on here have with Oscar. Not a dig at you BG btw, just a feeling that we have some very demanding and over expectant fans. In some ways I'd be quite happy to see the moaners stop going to the Amex even though it would reduce the crowds and the revenue, it may improve the atmosphere though. So many match day and NSC moaners

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
If and I emphasize if it was our Oscar they were after how about Malky to replace him? Would prefer to keep OG to complete the job though.

Wouldn't be that enthused by Malky, but to be honest if Garcia goes I'll have lost all faith in ever being able to get a manager in who'll build anything with the albion without being poached, so quite frankly couldn't care less, and a lot of my love for the whole of the way football is in this country would die.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Doubt anyone would be fussed if he left!

I would be most pissed off if he left. At the moment he is where Gus was 4 years ago, Gus stopped us from going down in his first half season but he had a few unhappy players, Nicky Forster in particular, with many fans backing the player over the manager.
I truly believe Oscar will make Gus look like Mickey Adams in the long run.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Oscar's doing a great job in my book.

Liam Bridcutt was the lynchpin of Poyet's playing style and for 2 Championship seasons for Gus, Liam missed about 2 or 3 league games in total. Oscar has barely had Liam for more than a couple of games.

Oscar has also had a completely disrupted strike force. Ulloa out for long spells, Barnes finding it difficult to be prolific as a lone front man. To compound this, Buckley has also seen too much of the treatment room, Conway gone back from a loan spell where he really just started to find his feet. The injury to Crofts was a cruel blow for the team from a player well on his way to being player of the year.

And yet, despite all this and being in the role just half a season, we have 40 pts, 10 home games left, 8 away, and our key players all slowly coming back to form and fitness. Keep up the great work OG, I reckon the majority of us at least are still right behind you! :thumbsup:

+1. Can't believe some of the responses on here doubting OG's achievements so far.

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
I was 'upset' when GP left - not just because we were losing a great manager but more importantly the disruption it caused to the progress the team were making.

With OG we have a manager who has done as well as anyone could reasonably expect from any manager. The club is well on the way to getting over the chaos of the managerial changes and next season will prove whether or not OG has the ability to push the team forward and contend for promotion.

To change managers now would put us back to square one and waste another year.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
+1. Can't believe some of the responses on here doubting OG's achievements so far.

Me neither but then again I'm still trying to work out at what point the Albion became too good for a well respected head coach who learned a lot of his trade at Barcelona as well as winning the championship with MTA.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Wouldn't be at all surprised to see Jones as Manager by next season.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Sorry if already posted but noticed the Mirror has Oscar on the shortlist for the job at Swansea ???

They ahve already got an Oscar Garcia on their coaching/fitness staff.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here