Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New presenter of "The Sky at Night"

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
If there was a Monopolies Commision, would it's motto be............. There must not only be one.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Just imagine if she has a regional accent as well ... one of those really hard-to-understand ones ... another BBC box ticked.

:bla:

You just don't know when to keep your virtual gob shut, do you?

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
john_humphrys__1715786a.jpg

Welsh. Bloody BBC box-tickers.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
How does the bloke that drives the snow plough get to work ?

Easy. The drivers live in their snow plough(s). :)

And while we're on a HMHB-inspired tip, Why is it - when your train is cancelled - you often have a bus replacement service provided? Shirley it should be called a train replacement service??

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
There is an upside to this thread. Astronomers now know where to find Dark Matter. Between Goldstone's ears. Or should that be Caucasian, Hetrosexual, non dyslexic Matter?

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
I have always liked her enthusiasm. I applaud anyone whose persona and general positive vibe significantly contributes in getting kids interested in science via Space and Astronomy. Thumbs up for me, they could have chosen Brian Cox but he would have eaten himself in the first series and licked himself to death soon thereafter!

TNBA

TTF

pigbite

Sep 9, 2007
And while we're on a HMHB-inspired tip, Why is it - when your train is cancelled - you often have a bus replacement service provided? Shirley it should be called a train replacement service??

It's not called a bus replacement service. It's called a rail replacement bus service. Which is correct.

That's my pedantry quota filled for today.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011

I was quite enjoying this thread, OP being made to look like a moron, jokes etc. but having had a quick look at that has just depressed me. So, a couple of people, doing their job, well as it seems, have been held up as some example of POLITICAL CORRECTNESS gone mad, by those CJTCs at the Daily Hate i.e. people who DON'T do their job well. Wankers.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here