Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New training ground video on Player

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
What costs comes under FFP? I remember reading somewhere certain costs don't come under FFP.

None of the training ground costs are included; certainly not the build / setup costs. not sure about the annual running costs.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
That's my worry, it'll cost £3m to run so how does that relate to the spending on new players or are we going to have to cut even more.

Hmmm, interesting point. Presumably, some of the £3m (where does that number come from, btw?) is already being incurred by the club - e.g. we already employ some coaches and groundsmen. We'll obviously have to employ more, there'll be extra electricity etc., and I don't know about rates. So, does anyone have a feel for what the incremental cost will be? Are there any plans to derive revenue? If so, how much?

Footsoldier

Banned
May 26, 2013
Hmmm, interesting point. Presumably, some of the £3m (where does that number come from, btw?) is already being incurred by the club - e.g. we already employ some coaches and groundsmen. We'll obviously have to employ more, there'll be extra electricity etc., and I don't know about rates. So, does anyone have a feel for what the incremental cost will be? Are there any plans to derive revenue? If so, how much?

It comes from the horses mouth, the club. I want to know if we are losing so much money and have to cut back now then how the hell are we going to afford this £3m without making even more cuts and weakening our playing side. Can someone explain how this extra £3m will be funded and not effect our playing budget?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
It comes from the horses mouth, the club. I want to know if we are losing so much money and have to cut back now then how the hell are we going to afford this £3m without making even more cuts and weakening our playing side. Can someone explain how this extra £3m will be funded and not effect our playing budget?

I'm sure we'll be looking at sponsorship and naming rights for the training ground, to fund a chunk of it.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
£3m a year, can some in the know answer how this £3m will be funded within the FFP?

On the Football League website, in their explanation of FFP, it states that the Fair Play Result is based on the club's profit or loss before tax with the exception of:

• Investment in Youth Development (as defined in the Elite Player Performance Plan)

I am not absolutely certain, but if I had to guess I would think that this includes the on-going running and maintenance costs of an academy (as well as the initial capital investment). So most, if not all, of the £3m a year (if those are accurate cost projections) should be excluded from FFP.

Of course, that is just the FFP impact; those costs still have to be funded in the first place.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
If they are going to continue to use Lancing as the stadium for non- first team games surely the pitch will need to also be the same size and surface as the Amex?

Footsoldier

Banned
May 26, 2013
On the Football League website, in their explanation of FFP, it states that the Fair Play Result is based on the club's profit or loss before tax with the exception of:

• Investment in Youth Development (as defined in the Elite Player Performance Plan)

I am not absolutely certain, but if I had to guess I would think that this includes the on-going running and maintenance costs of an academy (as well as the initial capital investment). So most, if not all, of the £3m a year (if those are accurate cost projections) should be excluded from FFP.

Of course, that is just the FFP impact; those costs still have to be funded in the first place.

All very worrying, I tried to get my head round what you've said but I'm still none the wiser. Time will tell. Must leave this wine alone while cooking :)

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
All very worrying, I tried to get my head round what you've said but I'm still none the wiser. Time will tell. Must leave this wine alone while cooking :)

I'll make it simple for you: drink and eat as much as you can at the Amex, and buy at least 10 replica shirts a week.

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
I'll make it simple for you: drink and eat as much as you can at the Amex, and buy at least 10 replica shirts a week.

Or build a hotel. Let a hotelier pay about £3 million a year, then spend that money on the things that are outside ffp.

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
Errr....... [MENTION=22292]Mutts Nuts[/MENTION], on a fairly frequent basis.

And exactly how are bricks and mortar going to get the Albion promoted when we continue to give away our best players while stubbornley refusing to spend decent sums of money on replacements,

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here