Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Least popular MP who has never been Prime Minister

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
I'm suprised Harriet Harman hasn't been mentioned. I actually quite like her but I know she is disliked by many.

I know he isn't an MP now but Nigel Farage is a polariser of opinions.

I'm a massive fan of her myself but I can't believe no one has said Caroline Lucas...

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I'm going to get flamed for this I suspect but outside of the obvious (and in my eyes entirely unneccssary) conflict he had with BHAFC he really is a pretty good MP. Especially on consitiuency affairs.

I struggle to list anything he achieved as Transport Secretary and now as a Home Office minister he wants to prevent pubs being open for the England games during the World Cup. He's an enemy of football !

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
I'm going to get flamed for this I suspect but outside of the obvious (and in my eyes entirely unneccssary) conflict he had with BHAFC he really is a pretty good MP. Especially on consitiuency affairs.

Largely this. He is quite well respected here in Lewes.

And I will give him one small scrap of credit for eventually persuading Lewes DC to drop their ludicrous campaign against the stadium.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
I struggle to list anything he achieved as Transport Secretary and now as a Home Office minister he wants to prevent pubs being open for the England games during the World Cup. He's an enemy of football !

Not true on the pub thing, he wants it to be done on a case by case basis as per the exisiting laws. I for one happen to agree with him, I don't see why just becasue it's the world cup, pubs who have a history of not controlling disorder should be allowed to open, it's going to be a pretty tough night for the police I suspect.

Anyway, a couple of bad headlines and jellyfish Cameron has over ruled him anyway hasn't he?

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Has anyone mentioned Jeffrey Archer yet? Horrible, horrible man but for all-round lying, cheating, scheming nastiness it has to be Peter Mandelson with a mention in dispatches for Diane Abbott.

Another Tory candidate was David Evans, the ex-Luton FC chairman - a real hang 'em, flog 'em nasty piece of work.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Has anyone mentioned Jeffrey Archer yet? Horrible, horrible man but for all-round lying, cheating, scheming nastiness it has to be Peter Mandelson with a mention in dispatches for Diane Abbott.

Another Tory candidate was David Evans, the ex-Luton FC chairman - a real hang 'em, flog 'em nasty piece of work.

Peter Mandelson was never an MP, he was appointed by Blair.

Cyril Smith was a popular politician in his day, but has since been declared a kiddy fiddler.

Tubby Mondays

Dec 8, 2005
A Crack House

ah id forgotten about evans, he was the bloke that banned away fans wasnt he? if anyone deserves the epitaph 'enemy of football' its him.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Not true on the pub thing, he wants it to be done on a case by case basis as per the exisiting laws. I for one happen to agree with him, I don't see why just becasue it's the world cup, pubs who have a history of not controlling disorder should be allowed to open, it's going to be a pretty tough night for the police I suspect.

Anyway, a couple of bad headlines and jellyfish Cameron has over ruled him anyway hasn't he?

And yet it was OK for the Jubilee ? Baker is using the stereotype football supporter argument that we all had to combat to get Withdean and then Falmer.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
I think the people of Hartlepool will be interested to know who they actually voted for then. For TWELVE years.

:clap2::dunce:

OOPS! I was thinking of Alaistair Campbell.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
I don't just mean, who is your least favourite, but who is least popular in this country.

So anyway, I'm just wondering - any advances on Michael Gove?

I reckon he's less popular than Michael Portillo, Neil Kinnock, Michael Foot, Tony Benn, Nick Clegg and all of the lickers from the Thatcher and Blair eras.

If you're talking about inept evil cvnts who have far too much responsibility, he's winning by a landslide.
Next, Osborne.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
ah id forgotten about evans, he was the bloke that banned away fans wasnt he? if anyone deserves the epitaph 'enemy of football' its him.

Yep. He looked liked the Richard Griffiths in the Harry Potter films but with less charm. His logic was brilliant. "People go to a rock concert and there's only one set of fans and there's still an atmosphere. I can't see why a football match is so very different.". Tosser of the highest order and a real enemy of football although Thatcher and Colin Moynihan would be above him in that pecking order.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
If we're ignoring nutjobs such as Powell then IDS. Also Gove, Tebbit, Abbott and Boris Johnson, who just makes me nervous.

I saw Michael Foot mentioned earlier, not sure why, one of the last great speech givers torn to pieces by the media I guess.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here