Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Least popular MP who has never been Prime Minister

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I saw Michael Foot mentioned earlier, not sure why, one of the last great speech givers torn to pieces by the media I guess.

Maybe because he's a fraud whose views don't hold up to much scrutiny coupled with the fact that his family have always been career politicians and absolutely none of them have done a day's work between them in their entire lives which is a shame given their patrician views on the common man. They're as much a part of the establishment as the Soames/Churchill dynasty.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Maybe because he's a fraud whose views don't hold up to much scrutiny coupled with the fact that his family have always been career politicians and absolutely none of them have done a day's work between them in their entire lives which is a shame given their patrician views on the common man. They're as much a part of the establishment as the Soames/Churchill dynasty.
If you say so. Should I bring Tony Benn up now?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
And the residents of Lewes are a fairly tough bunch to please I'll have you know....

Really? Whenever I go to see the ones I know I just take them some yogurt that I've knitted using local ingredients and they're fine.

*ducks*

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Ah, the risks of speed-reading. Yep, I was referring to Tony Benn rather than Foot. Apologies.
Ah cool :)

(I hadn't guessed that, I was just bringing in the name of another politician I admire, although I did think that Mr Foot was getting a bit of an unfair savaging :) )

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
just about all of them

Black Rod

Jan 19, 2013
Got to be Ed Balls - biggest mistake Milliband has made is putting him in charge of the finances and that is saying something.

IDS a close second, although he gains a slight reprieve for that wonderful line threatening to bite somebodies bollocks off and send them back to them in a box.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patreon
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Not true on the pub thing, he wants it to be done on a case by case basis as per the exisiting laws. I for one happen to agree with him, I don't see why just becasue it's the world cup, pubs who have a history of not controlling disorder should be allowed to open, it's going to be a pretty tough night for the police I suspect.

Anyway, a couple of bad headlines and jellyfish Cameron has over ruled him anyway hasn't he?

Quite right too.

enemy of football, because he won't change pub licensing hours ?? I am not sure what has got into our pal from Westdene the past couple of days. I don't think I have seen him this wound up since he lost his garden vouchers.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
What a weird poser should have surely been the most popular mp who hasnt been PM but to anwer the question that Green MP Caroline Lucas must be in the running.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Quite right too.

enemy of football, because he won't change pub licensing hours ?? I am not sure what has got into our pal from Westdene the past couple of days. I don't think I have seen him this wound up since he lost his garden vouchers.

You've clearly forgotten his part in the faked photos and the claim about how quickly you can walk from the station to Sheepcote Valley ?

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Very good call.

Did you see her on that channel 5 benefits "debate" last night. She just came across as a bitter, vile woman?

No I couldn't bring myself to watch it because I knew Katie Hopkins was on there...

Finally got round to reading this, though (which the Large One posted earlier). A response to Currie's appearance on the show - she really is an absolutely vile monster -

http://agirlcalledjack.com/2014/02/...good-for-you-as-it-was-for-me-bigbenefitsrow/

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Absolutely no contrition for being outed as an adultress either, I'm not sure where that fitted into her moral code.

...at a time when the Tories defined themselves as 'the party of family values' too.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
But I suspect you have no idea why...

Meanwhile, I can't say Louise Mensch exactly covered herself in glory as an MP.
Simple I dont agree with anything she says and is a minority party MP who will never be re-ellected as the majority of people have realised their mistake in voting for her. She is ideal for the arty/hippy student types of Brighton but not your everyday working man. Just my opinion, others may think differently.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Whilst there are many men from all parties that I despise and most have already been mentioned, there is something that really annoys me about women conservative MPs, not just at the present but over the years. Thatcher, Currie, Widdicombe etc. But when some of the current backbenchers turn up on question time I find them totally obnoxious, toffee nosed and clueless.
There are some women from other parties that I do not like but there is something about tory females politicians.

Dandyman

In London village.
I don't just mean, who is your least favourite, but who is least popular in this country.

So anyway, I'm just wondering - any advances on Michael Gove?

I reckon he's less popular than Michael Portillo, Neil Kinnock, Michael Foot, Tony Benn, Nick Clegg and all of the lickers from the Thatcher and Blair eras.

It's something of a crowded field but Gove is both revolting and nakedly ambitious and disloyal so I expect to see him become Leader of the Opposition sometime in 2015.

Dandyman

In London village.
Ah, the risks of speed-reading. Yep, I was referring to Tony Benn rather than Foot. Apologies.

Pedantic I know but Benn, his father and his elder brother (who was killed during the War) all served in the RAF if that counts a real job.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here