Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A thread full of OLD computer games that you LOVED.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
Edit: I can't believe that Half-Life coming up to 16 years old... It changed everything, there were no levels, everything was truly three dimensional, the sound design was amazing that the sound came from the source and the graphics were beautiful... is this an old game?

Maybe one day we'll get Half-Life 3...

binky

Aug 9, 2005
Hove
Another vote for elite which it seems is making a comeback this year.

I'm inspired to get up in the loft, and get my old BBC Micro down!
Elite
Revs
Chuckie egg
Repton

I wonder if the old 5.25" floppy disks will still work.... it's been over 20 years since they were packed away.

No mention of dizzy yet?!
dizzy_magicland_screenshot.jpg

Yeah, six posts back. though I went for the original. unbelievable game!

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
Did anyone ever play Battlezone II? I'd LOVE a follow up.

It was FPS and an RTS in one. You'd pilot a ship (and occasionally have to risk it on foot when you got damaged) while also building a base and collecting resources so you can build more buildings, more ships and repel the alien threat. The story also branched two thirds of the way through giving entirely different missions and maps depending on your decision. Such a great game.

Battlezone_II_-_Combat_Commander_Coverart.png

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Let's go back even further to ...... Frogger !

frogger.jpg

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
There's a really good Amstrad emulator here: http://www.cpcbox.com/

Just like the real thing!

I bet it isn't just like the real thing. Does the game take 30 minutes to load? Does it fail to load at all every other time? Do you have to put the cassette player in a certain place?

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
FFV
Sonic 1-2
SNES Super Mario Kart
Street Fighter 2, Tekken 1-3
Comix Zone
NHLPA '93
Broken Sword
The Original Championship Managers
Rayman,Croc, Abes Odysee , Spyro , Crash Bandicoot
Theme Hospital & Harvest Moon
Pokemon (Red,Yellow and Blue)
Worms
Donkey Kong Country
Monkey Island
Banjo Kazooie
Ape Escape
Brian Lara Cricket
Barkleys shut up & jam
Goldeneye
Tombi
Syphon Filter
Ghost in the Shell
Zelda

All great, great games!!

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
SimCopter
All the original Sims
Age of Empires 1 and 2
FM
Star Wars Battlefront 1 and 2 were incredible on PS2

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
1. Final Fantasy 7 (PS1)
2. Super Mario Kart (SNES)
3. Pokemon Red/Blue (Gameboy)
4. Pro Evolution Soccer 5 (PS2)
5. Age of Empires (PC)

I'm getting all nostalgic just thinking about these games.

Very VERY similar list to what mine would be.

Add in

Deus Ex (PC)
Dungeon Keeper (PC)

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
We had a bunch of tapes for an Amstrad PCP464 I seem to remember. I mildly recall a very pixelated green screen bomber going over cities you could bomb, loved that game actually and a game called Chronos which was essentially horizontal Space Invaders. For some weird reason we were only allowed to keep and play this thing in the garage so I just remember being freezing cold and hardly able to move this ridiculously elaborate joystick my Brother's and I had saved up to buy from Argos.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Streetfighter.

But I remember my "mate" who was in fact just a spoiled little tit used to invite everyone round his to play Streetfighter on his Sega. He never let anyone play on it though he used to just make us watch him play single player mode for ages. Until one day someone got so annoyed they pushed the whole lot onto the floor. The Megadrive survived but the forks on the cartridge snapped and his portable colour telly was just a weird red colour forever after. If you're reading this Daniel Taylor of Bracknell, you deserved it you fat, greedy shit.

Similar story:

Had a mate (not even that close of a mate) at school for WEEKS telling me how great his Dreamcast was. I played a lot of games as a kid and Dreamcast was one of the only "main" consoles I'd never played, so I was very curious. Finally he invited me over after school to play it, really talking it up. I was looking forward to it.

Walked back to his house. He suddenly stopped short outside of his house and said "You don't think I'd ACTUALLY let you come in and play my Dreamcast, do you?! You wish!" and just walked into his house and shut the door.

Odd kid.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here