Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How old was your child

jovett

Aug 9, 2013
See your point..I was thinking for his first time i would get a seat in one of the lower stands, and on line you can pick a seat, so would try and get one in the aisle, then if he does want to get up we wouldnt disturb anyone.
Am experiencing exactly the same with my son who is 3 in April, we often have a spare seat in our group of mates so was thinking of taking him as a one off experiment when the weather is warmer. Only challenge is my season ticket is in West Upper so not sure how safe this would be for him due to the crowds on the concourse and the number of steps!!

HalifaxSeagull

Aug 24, 2010
- 5 months...

My girl was 16 a week old foetus for her first match - the 2-0 win over Newcastle in the FA Cup!

I think we stood next to Phat baz in the North Stand - my gf loves it when he took his shirt off! (Apologies if that wasn't you!)

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
My daughter was 6 and we went to the South Stand at Goldstone - as they ran out for the second half she asked me "what team is playing this time?"

I never took her again, but her kids have been to the Amex a couple of times....and so the baton is passed on

My son was 8 when we went in the South stand at Goldstone.

Deanbha

Mar 27, 2008
Living in the real world.
Both of mine started going at 2 years old. My daughter hated it but my son has seen over 150 matches and he's only 8! Never had a problem with him being bored or not interested.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
4 months - took him to a reserve game in a sling under my sheepskin coat at the goldstone. It snowed, but he was fine enough to be a ballboy in the 90s, a mascot at home and away matches, and play for Junior Seagulls. In the blood.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
My youngest son (Wrong Direction) when he was 21 years old-----------------the stuff:eek: that's happened since is best left unsaid:ohmy:
I blame the :drink:

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Our daughter got to the Goldstone when she was two. She kicked tins around in the North West corner for two hours in the rain with her brother.

Her younger son is now two and sitting in a padded seat for two hours in the dry would be way beyond him. Price of progress I suppose.

albiongirl

Jul 10, 2003
mileoak
My son was 8wks 2days old Albion v Carlise 2007! After that we gradually incresaed how many matches he goes too. He is now 6 now and it does get easier just be prepared! As he gets older he watches the game mucher longer.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
... enjoys the experience but could pass on the football. Generally he lasts the first half, and the DS(not development squad) comes out for the second half

Thought you were talking about Oscar Garcia for a moment there.

enterprise

Jul 12, 2010
Took my oldest boy to his first game this season against Blackburn (age 4 and 3/4). He liked it but I think it will be a couple of times a season only for the next few seasons. We had one right result though and ended up with seats in the East Upper (near the away end). The back row of seats in front of the disabled viewing were free so all the kids were able to stand on their seats without disturbing anyone behind. As we managed to get these seats I guess they are non season ticket seats so worth asking about if you're taking a youngster to their first game

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I took my eldest son when he was 5 to a home match at Gillingham, he was not interested at all.

Second eldest son was 3 when I took him to a cup game at Withdean, he loved it but he was getting obsessed with football at the time anyway, I had a season ticket with some friends at the time so my mrs had to take him after that.

My youngest son went to Withdean as a baby as we couldn't get a baby sitter on a Saturday, I think we got him a season ticket when he was 3, but he wasn't into it as much as middle son.

ward is god

Dec 26, 2008
Somerset near Yeovil
Our son was one month old and slept through a 1-0 defeat to Exeter. He then slept through a 1-0 victory at Torquay when Bobby scored a month later. How he didn't wake up with all that noise going on I will never know. He is Albion through and through despite living among Premiership 'fans' in Somerset. And he is a season ticket holder and veteran of over sixty away grounds. Start them young!

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
Seven was the magic number.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
late last year I took my younger daughter to her first game at the AMEX - she was 29.

But she did go to the Dell at the age of 8 and thoroughly enjoyed it. She played football at school.

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
My son is five. His first game was at port vale last week. He absolutely loved it despite the cold. Granted we won.

Small issue is that he now thinks corner=goal.

In the car on the way home he asked to go to the Amex (we are midlands based) soon and also his first cricket match. T20 at edgbasten this summer.

cloud

Jun 12, 2011
Here, there and everywhere
6 was the first game, an away game where I was a bit worried about the language but it was fine. By the age of 7 he could sit through the match and enjoy it.

I think 3 is a bit young, not least for the people you'll be sitting next to - just be prepared to leave at half-time, or when it rains.

DavePage

Charlotte’s first game under 1 year old, she was the youngest registered Junior Seagull aged 2 minutes (yes, I know. Mum did give me permission).
When she visits the UK she brings a gift from the Seagull shop, don’t think she really cares about the team, but knows what’s important to her Dad.
Hanley our youngest was a season ticket holder at the Withdean from the age of 6, he was team mascot on our last game before emigrating to Canada, against QPR away in March 2006.

MongoJerry

Mar 23, 2013
4 Years old and went in east lower. He loved the experience of train and all stuff before the match plus the opportunity to be with his dad on his own but my iphone was being used 10mins into the game itself !! He's 5 now and will generally last the whole 1st half but iphone still makes an appearance for the 2nd. Waiting till he's 7/8 for us both to have a season ticket so for now its sporadic games, maybe 6 matches a season

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here