Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How old was your child

jovett

Aug 9, 2013
I want to take my boy to a match at the Amex, he is only 3...is this to young do you think? How old was your little boy/girl when you took them to their first match?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Yes, double it

Agreed. Took my boy to Withdean when he was four & left at half time. Took him next to the Amex when he was six ad a half and he loved it. He's seven now and pesters me to go but that time at withers was a total waste of money.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Mine were 4 and 5 for their first game (Amex). It was just a day out out for the family.

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
My sons had a season ticket since he was 4. It was probably a bit young at 4 but he just enjoyed the whole football experience. He's 10 now and is crazy about football and the Albion. So it didn't hurt him.

Austrian Gull

Feb 5, 2009
Linz, Austria
I took my eldest son to the recent cup game against Reading - he's 4.

He absolutely loved it and was attentive throughout which is a miracle for him! He was just fascinated by the singing and noise and was joining in with some of the chants by the end. The club gave away team photos which was a big hit for him.

All in all, it was a much more stressfree experience for me than taking him to the cinema for the first time. I would take him again given the chance.

My tips - go in the ESL where there are lots of other kids and parents in the same boat. Take lots of sweets! Go in the club shop beforehand and let him choose a shirt or scarf. And talk to him about the players etc. My son has been asking me ever since about Solly, Kaz and Adam - I haven't had the heart to tell him that El Abd isn't a Seagull any more...

silky1

Aug 2, 2004
Macclesfield
I reckon 7 is the youngest to expect to make it to full-time. My eldest son has come with me since he was 5, but only really started to sit and watch from 7.

Cullip4

Oct 4, 2003
Brighton
Took my daughter to her first game last night as it was Palace, she is six weeks old!

But then thanks to the wonders of delayed cord clamping she was officially a young seagull before she was born!

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Mine was 3 at withers, took a few sweets, packed lunch, his favourite teddy and picture of mum and he loved it to bits.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Started at 7 and he is now 14 and a die hard. All credit to him. He saw some dross at Withdean early on.

3? I'm selfish. When I go to the Albion I want to watch the team. I wanted to start taking my son when I knew he was old enough to watch with.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
My eldest was 5 when I took her to her first game. Arsenal FA Cup game last season, it was a spur of the moment thing as my Dad couldn't make it and I was let down by a couple of people who said they'd have his ticket. So it was either have an empty seat and take a hit on the ticket price, or treat my daughter to her first game and hopefully create a new fan. She did enjoy it but got a bit restless in the second half.

Took her to the Blackburn game earlier this season and she enjoyed that a lot more, she also enjoyed spending my money in the club shop before the game. She'll be coming to the Middlesboro game at the end of March.

My next eldest is 3 and already saying he wants to go to games but I feel he's still too young.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I took my eldest to his first match when he was 2 ..... days !

Now nearly 11 he loves it but the youngest at 7 still struggles to keep interested for the whole match.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here