Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I want Gustavo Dominguez Poyet back

Marxo

Aug 7, 2011
Ghent, Belgium
It was sexy, if you find a c**k tease sexy. He took us tantalizingly close to the Premier League and then snatched it away at the last moment with seeming disinterest and ineptitude in the 2nd leg of the play-offs.

rouseytastic

Sep 22, 2011
Haywards Heath
Can someone tell me why we haven't spent a penny on transfer fees???...Oh yeah because we are still crippled at the debt Poyet spent on wages and fee's before he dropped us all in the shite.....Jesus,,,,you wouldn't want back a partner after finding them on there knees, with a queue of blokes lining up with their strides around their ankles......although some people on here probably would come to think of it.

Now, I'm not Poyets biggest fan and I'd had enough of his job pimping long before he disgraced himself at the end and in my mind the way he behaved was an absolute disgrace but......with regards to us being saddled with debt because of him you are wrong. He would have said 'this/he is what I want to sign' Bloom presumably then said yes as a gamble to go up. It didn't work and now (certainly in my mind) we are skint. It would seem we can't actually afford the AMEX and it's over heads and it's in danger of becoming more of a hindrance in terms of cash for the pitch. It's been worrying me since the end of last season.
We don't have money to spend and that's not Poyets fault it's TB's because either he won't put more in (and FFP is a great smoke screen because no one else seems to care about it) or, and more worryingly, he doesn't have it. His 'wealth' and source of income is murky at best.

In conclusion I don't expect to see big bucks spent anytime soon.

(The training facility is looking a bit too much too soon to me)

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Now, I'm not Poyets biggest fan and I'd had enough of his job pimping long before he disgraced himself at the end and in my mind the way he behaved was an absolute disgrace but......with regards to us being saddled with debt because of him you are wrong. He would have said 'this/he is what I want to sign' Bloom presumably then said yes as a gamble to go up. It didn't work and now (certainly in my mind) we are skint. It would seem we can't actually afford the AMEX and it's over heads and it's in danger of becoming more of a hindrance in terms of cash for the pitch. It's been worrying me since the end of last season.
We don't have money to spend and that's not Poyets fault it's TB's because either he won't put more in (and FFP is a great smoke screen because no one else seems to care about it) or, and more worryingly, he doesn't have it. His 'wealth' and source of income is murky at best.

Wow ..... just wow ! I'm all for keeping an eye and questioning everything TB does but even I, with my most cynical hat on, don't expect TB to fund multi-million pound losses season after season. That way lies disaster.

rouseytastic

Sep 22, 2011
Haywards Heath
Wow ..... just wow ! I'm all for keeping an eye and questioning everything TB does but even I, with my most cynical hat on, don't expect TB to fund multi-million pound losses season after season. That way lies disaster.

Perhaps I didn't make myself clear there. I too do not expect TB to constantly dip in and fund loss after loss year after year. All I am saying is that perhaps we over spent last year (something that TB would have sanctioned) and as a result we now can't spend. And my other point was that with the income we have (st's, sponsorship etc) we should be able to at least spend more than we have. That makes me doubt our financial status and that of the owner personally and also our business money that up til now just seems to be haemorrhaging cash

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex

So TB forking out 120m+ of your finest English pounds isn't enough for you. As clueless post go this is very much up there with the best. Congratulations, you must be very proud.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Maybe I'm getting wooshed here but the football we played under Poyet was almost identical to the football we play now. i.e. pedestrian build up and an absence of pace throughout the squad. Only difference this year is it's a tougher league, I wouldnt say we're playing much worse if at all.

rouseytastic

Sep 22, 2011
Haywards Heath
So TB forking out 120m+ of your finest English pounds isn't enough for you. As clueless post go this is very much up there with the best. Congratulations, you must be very proud.

No no congratulations on a blinkered infant response. Yes £120m outlay is fantastic how ever the success of the club depends as much on investment in the playing staff as it does in where they play. We aren't making money at the AMEX even with substantial st numbers and very sizable sponsorship. There fore there must be an issue with the business model.

No need to get all defensive over dear tony but doesn't it seem strange that after that huge personal investment and record attendances etc etc we seemingly don't have a pot to p*ss in?

Just have a think before the next time you throw your food out of your high chair

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
I don t think we would be much better off with Gus in charge. All we would hear is him rattling iff how his head is now banging the cealing and we should be spending like Forest. Can do without the drama. Mich happier with Oscar in charge.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
No no congratulations on a blinkered infant response. Yes £120m outlay is fantastic how ever the success of the club depends as much on investment in the playing staff as it does in where they play. We aren't making money at the AMEX even with substantial st numbers and very sizable sponsorship. There fore there must be an issue with the business model.

No need to get all defensive over dear tony but doesn't it seem strange that after that huge personal investment and record attendances etc etc we seemingly don't have a pot to p*ss in?

Just have a think before the next time you throw your food out of your high chair

But it's the players that are causing the losses with over inflated wage demands surely! If we invest in much better players then we will end up with even more losses.

rouseytastic

Sep 22, 2011
Haywards Heath
But it's the players that are causing the losses with over inflated wage demands surely! If we invest in much better players then we will end up with even more losses.

Very true and as such the club needs to be making money to afford that to an extent that promotion is achievable. Therefore was the stadium capacity expansion in its entirety needed at that time. Was £20m on a training facility needed at this time. Perhaps a scales down version to start with perhaps. Run before you can walk is all I'm trying to say

golddene

Jul 28, 2012
Seriously?
Gus would've dropped his knickers for the first premier job that came along.
Don't forget HE handed HIS notice in.
Yes i agree, i know, you're right, but i can't help myself, i think i still love him!!! But seriously, in my own personal world i would love it if these last 11 months hadn't happened but they did and everyone has to move on now sadly its over..............................

Yes i agree, i know, you're right, but i can't help myself, i think i still love him!!! But seriously, in my own personal world i would love it if these last 11 months hadn't happened but they did and everyone has to move on now sadly its over..............................

I just wish gus realised what a great thing he had going here,if only his patience and ego never got the better of him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here