Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I want Gustavo Dominguez Poyet back

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
The cult of Gus. Ridiculous. Support your club. Not its ex manager.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
We'll agree to differ on the support bit but again some good sensible points there. I agree with the need to bed down a new CB next season or later this if the play offs do go away. Dunk needs another run to decide if he is up to it or not. Dallison was possibly sold on coming here for that reason as he appeared to be pretty highly thought of at Arsenal so maybe he expects to be fast tracked into the side?

We will need 2 new RB's over the next 18 months or so, I'd lose Bruno as I think he is going to start to struggle once he loses his recovery powers as he gets the wrong side of his man an awful lot. Think we are looking at a season or two of reconstruction before we can challenge again though especially if we are struggling to compete for ready made players.

I do think that the current structure is working well in terms of bringing players through from the DS. Dunk, March, JFC and especially Ince all have a really good chance of having a career at Championship standard or higher and historically that is way above the average of players we have produced and this is before the training ground gets underway. I think we could have a really good side in 2/3 seasons time built with a mix of home grown and purchased players how many on here will be prepared to wait that is the question?

Yep we can agree to differ on the support bit but I think fans will always be interested in the next up and coming players. We maybe temporarily disappointed for a few days but it is still very interesting to see Ince, March, Chickson, Dunk, Maksi, Stephens, Spanish Rodders, even Obika and Monakana develop into the team, and the other yet unknown ones who are yet to be brought in over the summer.

I wouldn't rule out promotion any year but I would prefer to be one of the teams who ran away in the table like Leicester have done. That said we still have 18 games to go, a game in hand and we are still in the FA Cup. If Buckley and Kaz can do us a favour and stay fit, and Ulloa finds form with Rodders and Stephens finding their feet we could still have a good end to our season. Our first target is 60 points though.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here